Latisse in NY times today...

LS,

Thank you for sharing this article. Altogether though, I'm disappointed with the content. Not only has bimatoprost (Latisse) undergone no formal research for hair loss OR received FDA clearance for regrowing scalp hair, but it's also, in my opinion, shown some potentially unwanted side effects that would be exaggerated in the scalp (such as skin darkening that could potentially spread to the forehead if applied in great enough amounts). Furthermore, many of the experts seem to think that the mechanisms behind eyelash growth/density are simply different than those associated with scalp hair.

Additionally, it was a bit disappointing to hear the article 'put down' online hair loss forums, state that 'hair transplants cost $10,000 and do not always look natural,' and then go off on a tangent about hair cloning becoming a reality within the next 10 years.

At this point in time, I personally don't think there is enough (if any) scientific support behind the use of bimatoprost as a hair restoration treatment, and I would stick with the proven methods (finasteride and minoxidil).

Again though, thank you for sharing!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

It also forgets to mention that that little bottle of Latisse costs about $130!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Why do I always see Dr. Bauman sensationalizing every product that has even the remote posibility of treating hair loss.:

Lasers

Lattisse

FUE suction machine

I think I know the answer: the almighty $$$.

I wish he would stick to doing a better job in the field of hair restoration surgery. From what I have seen, he does not produce results that are even close to the many of the docs on this site. :mad:

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru