BHT on the white dotted scar left by FUE?

Hi, I had a small FUE done on my hairline. I'm near 4 month post op & I'm happy so with the results so far. I believe around 65% have grown in. The pros hugely over weight the cons in my opinion. However I like to keep my sides short, that's why I got FUE instead of strip. Before HT I use to get a light fade with the 1/2 clipper or a bit lower. Although with the 1/2 clipper number the white dots are not severely obvious. It's moderately obvious enough to bother me a bit & for my barber to notice that the donor area looks thin. Instead now I get a 1 1/2 guard comb on the sides. I would like to know If it's possible to get a BHT on the FUE white dotted scars with success? Has anyone had it done with success? reply is appreciated.

sorry, this isnt an experienced based answer but i think its definately possible to moderate success with the right doc. the hairs i dont think will ever grow to long but thats besides the point. however, even with a hair in the white dot hair, the white dot will persist and will likely be just as visible...the white dot represents missing pigment in the skin from deep scar tissue, not the lack of follice.

keep in mind this, should u ever go in for future FUE, your doc will need to be able to differentiate the BHT from native hair as if he uses that for your transplant youll be sorta screwed. if the scarring is apparent enough he'll likely be able to tell, but not guarenteed.

I have never done or heard of anyone that has had BHT to FUE spots on scalp. I thought that was the main reason to get FUE, so you could cut your hair really short. Maybe you should have told your doctor what your intentions were. They may have only done the FUE's in the middle of the donor area instead of the sides. Keep in mind that you may get the same white spots in what ever area of the body the doctor takes the grafts from.

I have never done or heard of anyone that has had BHT to FUE spots on scalp.

yes Dr. Charles i've heard of that concept and it's called "refarming" i believe. i think Dr. A (India) is performing it and probably couple of few other docs. it's all done simultaneously as soon as a graft from head is being extracted a BH graft is placed in its vacant slot.

personally i wouldn't bother going through all that as i think a small size tool in experts' hand is good enough for most FUE fans.

but if the original question was if anyone attempted to fix the white dots some time after the procedure itself via BHT, i gotta tell you it's an interesting question and i don't think i ever came across a post reading about it.

4 months is too early to worry. I had 2 FUE surgeries and my donor looked slightly thin until prob month 6-8. It then thickened and thickened and filled in. I dont know if it is some sort of minor donor shockloss, but at 4 months, i personally believe based on personal experience that it is too early to get too crazy (even for donor).

How many grafts did you have and who was your doc ?

Thanks everyone for all the replies and opinion. Appreciate it. I guess I'm still early and the white dotted scar will minimise a bit more. If it does it will make a difference.

Dr. charles, my FUE was done from the middle of my donor area.

Pullmyhair, I don't have any picture of my donor area at the moment & right now my hair is around a number 2 1/2 guard which is not visible. I suggest you to ask the doctors for post op pics. Although the ones I seen online, the white dots aren't noticible. I guess that's because certain angles can make the white dots look invisible. But you don't have nothing to worry about unless you get a haircut lower than a number 1 guard. If that's the case the white dots can be visible. Unless every patient is different in that outcome as well. But over all. I still believe the pros over weight the cons for now. I had morderate hairloss on my hairline so the small FUE made a big difference on my hairline.