Passing through customs after HT

Hi all....am travelling from the UK to Belgium for an HT later in the year and was bit worried about coming back through customs. ObviouslyI will be wearing a hat....will customs ask me to remove it??? If they do,do I have the right to ask to remove my hat somewhere relatively private??? I believe women in Burquas are not expected to remove them in public.....any idea if I will get the same courtesy???

Hi,

I can't say for certain the Custom's rules in Europe, however, in the USA airports, we provide a letter for our patients. Our patients are given a 6oz bottle of Graftcyte spray, which is bigger than the 4oz allowed through security. This letter indicates the Graftcyte is needed for post op care and that the patient is wearing a hat to cover up. If Customs need the cap removed, we ask them to do so in a private area. This letter has been sufficient for every patient so far. Check if your doctor can print out similar letter.

I definitely agree with Janna, stay calm and ask for a private room/area if that's possible.

It happened to me and that's how I handled it....

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

In canada i explained and took off my sunglasses and they understood i'd been in surgery just from the state of my smashed in face! Customs are quite understanding but you can go into a private room but it's likely they'll believe you.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk