My HT Decision

MusoInOz

Hi Guys,

I have been relatively quiet on the forum as of late I do apologise I see many great discussions going on which if I had the time would love to jump in on.

I thought I would give a quick update wit what has been happening regarding my HT.

I had been liaising with Spex via Email from quite some time, this guy is GREAT and a wealth of additional knowledge every email was responded to in great detail. I originally had a spot held with Dr Feller in early June after our many discussions. Unfortunately I had to assist a family member who was in need of financial assistance which outweighed my vanity project so the surgery spot was cancelled and having a HT in 2011 disappeared.

Well I am happy to say that I am lucky to have such a great family who have brought me back into the realm of receiving a HT, since I am of Canadian background we (as a family) are travelling to Canada throughout June. This opens up the other clinic I was also previously in touch with, I began speaking with MattJ via Dr Rahal's Clinic. Since Dr Feller and Dr Rahal became my top two choices everything seemed to be based on convenience. I emailed Spex advising him that I was back looking to have surgery done again however noted that I would be in Canada making the Rahal clinic far easier to have surgery at. I realise location should not be a factor but if it comes down to FELLER vs RAHAL it is a much of a muchy.

Well after allllllllllllllllllllll the procrastination I have opted to go with Dr Rahal and have actually scheduled my Surgery June 3rd. I am yet to state this to Spex but will via email (although I am sure he will see this post)

I have to apologise to Spex for not following through with Dr Feller in the first instance however I could not control the events that occurred. It may seem as if i was playing both clincs however this in NOT the case., NY was just out of my reach this time around and at the end of the day (its night time) Dr Rahal was one of my original (years ago) choices.

Realistically I cannot go wrong with either to most degrees. Hopefully Spex will understand and not forum bash me....kidding!

I want to formally thank Spex for his assistance/guidance during this time. I have not ruled out Dr Feller for future procedures he is a fantastic surgeon.

I would also like to thank MattJ he has gone to great lengths also with my case and replying to most queries.

I am eagerly awaiting to have my darn hairline rebuilt so I can take over Hollywood :D

Cheers guys,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

MusoInOz,

Congratulations on making your final decision and progressing to the next step. As you already know, Both Dr. Feller and Dr. Rahal are world class and you would have done well with either. I'm sure Spex will agree that the most important thing is that you are happy and satisfied with your decision.

I look forward to your future updates and following your progress along the road to restoring your hairline.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I would be confident with both surgeons. You have chosen wisely.

Hi Guys,

I have been relatively quiet on the forum as of late I do apologise I see many great discussions going on which if I had the time would love to jump in on.

I thought I would give a quick update wit what has been happening regarding my HT.

I had been liaising with Spex via Email from quite some time, this guy is GREAT and a wealth of additional knowledge every email was responded to in great detail. I originally had a spot held with Dr Feller in early June after our many discussions. Unfortunately I had to assist a family member who was in need of financial assistance which outweighed my vanity project so the surgery spot was cancelled and having a HT in 2011 disappeared.

Well I am happy to say that I am lucky to have such a great family who have brought me back into the realm of receiving a HT, since I am of Canadian background we (as a family) are travelling to Canada throughout June. This opens up the other clinic I was also previously in touch with, I began speaking with MattJ via Dr Rahal's Clinic. Since Dr Feller and Dr Rahal became my top two choices everything seemed to be based on convenience. I emailed Spex advising him that I was back looking to have surgery done again however noted that I would be in Canada making the Rahal clinic far easier to have surgery at. I realise location should not be a factor but if it comes down to FELLER vs RAHAL it is a much of a muchy.

Well after allllllllllllllllllllll the procrastination I have opted to go with Dr Rahal and have actually scheduled my Surgery June 3rd. I am yet to state this to Spex but will via email (although I am sure he will see this post)

I have to apologise to Spex for not following through with Dr Feller in the first instance however I could not control the events that occurred. It may seem as if i was playing both clincs however this in NOT the case., NY was just out of my reach this time around and at the end of the day (its night time) Dr Rahal was one of my original (years ago) choices.

Realistically I cannot go wrong with either to most degrees. Hopefully Spex will understand and not forum bash me....kidding!

I want to formally thank Spex for his assistance/guidance during this time. I have not ruled out Dr Feller for future procedures he is a fantastic surgeon.

I would also like to thank MattJ he has gone to great lengths also with my case and replying to most queries.

I am eagerly awaiting to have my darn hairline rebuilt so I can take over Hollywood :D

Cheers guys,

Buddy, that will be the smartest decision you ever made. In my opinion, Rahal is way better than Feller with almost no complains from patients. He is a true gentleman with very good attitude and manners that you would rarely find from a cosmetic doctor. Mine will be July 12. Good luck and God bless.

I chosed Dr. Rahal right away after my person to person phone conversation. He is really caring Doctor.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Congrats on your choice! I also think it was a smart move tying it into a larger holiday as Canada is a LONG way from Australia.

I am sure you will be thrilled with the results. I have just passed the four month mark of my procedure with Dr Rahal and am very pleased. I've already had significant regrowth, that others have noticed and commented on. I'm very happy with how my results are going and I sure you will be too. :)

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the support it is highly appreciated!

Spex- Thank you so much for the support again, I didn't exactly think you were going to come around my house with a bat to roughy me up not opting for Feller lol!

Ozguy- I am going to PM you it would ve great to get another Aussies perspective Of Rahal and his clinic prior to my trip. If that is okay of course :-)

I would also note I have been cast into a Major Feature movie about the band The Easybeats which is a thrill! They are aware of what I am doing (they- the studio) I was actually told actors have HT alot of the time which I knew anyway after years of studying hair and HT surgery.

Hopefully 2011 pans out to be a good one :-)

Thanks guys!

Cheers,

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Haha!

"I'd like to thank my Agent, Family and of course Spex for assisting with my HT journey"

Would make good TV!

Cheers,

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

• 2 weeks later...