MSM and regrowth?

I've read that MSM can speed up hair growth. Anyone know if it shortens the telogen phase following a hair transplant? Meaning, will regrowth after the initial shedding start sooner than average when taking this supplement?

I've read that MSM can speed up hair growth. Anyone know if it shortens the telogen phase following a hair transplant? Meaning, will regrowth after the initial shedding start sooner than average when taking this supplement?

This is quite a common misbelief. I thought the same for a while also. What I can say about MSM is that it increases hair growth speed, therefore helping to keep current hair healthy with frequent cutting. Some disagree with this but my first hand experience is an improved growth rate.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Bill and Raphael,

I'm on MSM now for about a month and hoping that you're both right about this. I still have reservations about the rate of hair growth. I'm more inclined to believe the increase in hair diameter for reasons I've already stated (the rate of cell division).

I'll just have to keep monitoring it.

take care...