irish lad looking for advice

hey guys! my name is paul i am 23 and thinning!! ive done laser etc! got ok results but not good enough!! i have an appointment in ailesbury clinic in dublin for surgery and i would love to know if anyone here has been there and got the hair transplant!! thanks

I will give you the same advice as most on here will. Your 23 and I know thinning sucks. I have been/am there. However, your young and the meds available today work best on you super young guys. I would suggest looking into the maximum med option (Minoxidil. Finasteride) before jumping into a HT. I would not do a HT at your age unless it has progressed pretty far or it is minimal and you don’t have a family history of extended hair loss at all. Even in the latter case, I would wait a few years until hair loss shows its hand so to speak.

As for the clinic you mention. I never heard of them but please do yourself a favor and stick to the coalition docs recommended on this site which are the same world renowned docs you will read about anywhere you look. They charge as much as the lesser known guys and are far better in most cases.

Please do more research. You will be glad you did.

Good luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Moore welcome to the forum. Personally I feel you need to research alot more before settling with the first clinic you see. Many people base there decision on location rather than research fully to find a top quality clinic and after end up having to travel to repair a bad transplant. I dont know much about Ailesbury but dont like clinic specialize in everything rather only hair transplant.

I feel your best bet it to research a bit more because not all clinic are the same with the majority of clinic doing subpar surgery.

Good luck!!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

thanks for replying guys!! i hav thinned bad enough to notice in the past 3 yrs :( not good!! does any1 no if a laser come is any good?? i was told to use 1 after ht if i get it!! and whats the best meds and best place to get them!!! i really appreciate the advice every1 is giving!!! :)

I've never used the comb so can't advise, but heard it won't give you much, if anything at all that is.

Propecia. On the Boots programme. Go to their chemist & ask. ?89. That's how much I pay for 3 months supply. Pick it up there & then. Smaller chemists charge ?120-160.

Mino. Visit minoxidil direct UK. I don't use mino anymore

• 10 months later...

Lad,

If you're located in Ireland you may want to consider traveling to Belgium. The best clinics in Europe are there imho. Look up Dr. Bisanga, DiVroye, or Feriduni. All top notch. You'll be in good hands. Good luck to you.

Use Rogain foam. It is miles better than the liquid.

Don't know what the basis for this is. I would use the liquid. Works just as well and costs infinitely less.

Edited by jmghair

I definitely wouldn't use the Ailesbury clinic in Ireland. DEFINITELY NOT

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

If its FUE you're interested in, Dr. Bisanga at BHR Clinic in Belgium has turned out some top notch results. His hairlines are incredibly natural. They don't charge outrageous prices either. Will probably get my 1st procedure there. Do your research.

• 1 year later...

I would advise anyone considering going to the ailesbury hair clinic Dublin to stay well clear, do not waste your money it's all they are interested in, I had a procedure with them and regret it to this day, the result's are not natural looking as they couldn't care less what you look like once they get you in and you pay them that's it! the whole set up is a complete joke a clinic operating underneath a block of flats speaks volume's! I panicked when i started to loose my hair done a little research and decided to go to Ailesbury I was wrong but it's to late for me now, just hope this helps other's not to believe the lie's and not to put your trust in these people and also not to get ripped off like i did!!!