Should I tell my hairdresser about my HT???

I am thinking about getting my hair cut professionally for the first time since my HT about 6 months ago. I had a 5000+ procedure and it has come in really nice. As you all know, perceived density via a HT is achieved by an illusion. Therefore, I suspect that the way it is cut plays a huge roll is that illusion. Should I tell my hairdresser that I had the HT so she can work with it to cut it so it looks as full as possible. I assume she would use a certain technique, etc which would help. I just don’t want to give her free reign as if it is native hair and when she is done, density suffers.

Do you guys have any expierience with this? Would it make sense for me to let her know about the HT and if so, what techniques have your stylists used to help with the density?

Thanks

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

My guess it that it will be the first ht she's seen and telling her about it won't make any difference as she won't hav e any particular experience with it. I think most good hair stylists are good at the illusion thing as it is a concern with native hair also. There was a poster on here a few months ago who did amazing things with hair style and highlights. Sorry can't think of his name.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Just common sense to have the sides as short as you can and the top to a length that you can comb to cover areas a bit thinner.

Have you any pictures of your transformation it sounds like a interesting one?

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Forgot to subscribe dam it. Can't believe you have to write another message to subscribe if you forget lol.:mad:

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

The stylist might not have much experience with transplanted hair, but she will have cut the hair of people who naturally lack density (perhaps including people with hairloss) so the same techniques will apply. Just communicate that you want to maximize the appearance of fullness. If you're comfortable telling her about the transplant then do so. If nothing else, it'll make for conversation during the cut. :)

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Guest jamesdweaver

HT is still relatively new and not quite popular among the 'general' crowd. Doubt if your hairstylist would know about it or how to handle it.

But a good hairstylist would know how to give the illusion of volume and thickness, HT or no HT. If I were you, I would just go ahead and tell the stylist about the HT and see what he/she can do to work around it.