Am I developing a bald spot??

Hi guys, I'm 20 and am very worried.

Last month, I realised that I could see my scalp. My natural hair parting (those vortex thingy where the hair grows from) is on the left of my head. But recently, I saw something similar on the right side of my head. Its totally new!

Remember, my natural parting is on the left.

Argh! This is so frustrating! I'm too young!

All the photos were taken during a span of one week. The spot only pops up if I comb or move my hair a certain way. Sometimes when I comb over it, you can see the scalp a little.

Is it possible for me to actually develop another hair whorl??

Normal.JPG.27bdc93ae4d8ed80373febce047a4fd9.JPG

5b32cd3791cc9_NewSpot.JPG.2c265404572407a00938dd747229c6bb.JPG

5b32cd37b546c_CloseupofNewSpot.JPG.0f2eaa5e1aaff2c96924fa40aa87b48d.JPG

Edited by sithlord20

I don't think you can develop a new whorl.

That said, I do not see a bald spot. My son is 8 and his head looks like yours.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

sithlord20,

I agree. I don't think this represents the beginnings of hair loss. But, keep an eye on it.

Perhaps you have a double whorl like the patient presented in the following thread and never noticed before:

H&W HD Video/Dr. Wong/2410 Grafts/Double Whorl Crown

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I can only see one whorl in the photos, which (unless the photo is reversed) is on the right.

A new whorl can't develop. The follicles are arranged in a pattern on that region of the scalp and losing hairs won't change that pattern. The area where we can see scalp showing through (which is normal at the whorl) is clearly a whorl that has always been there. I really can't see how it would have been invisible to you before. Even if there's a second whorl to the left that I can't make out in the photos, I would say that the one on the right is undoubtedly the main one which would always have been the most prominent. That whorl is dominating the direction your hair grows at the crown. It all fans out from there.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

My sister lost a little patch like that on her crown when she was a kid and if i remember properly i think it was something to do with leaving her hair wet too long but it grew back and couldn't of been male balding lol.

It could also just be your natural whirls i've never seen a small area like that go completely in 1 little spot. When my crown went the whole crown area thinned at the same time rather than a small spot distending out.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Do you have older men in your family history on either side that have the same type of loss pattern, meaning, it started in the crown?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY