Nizoral 1% or 2%?

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Well i used it because i heard everyone harping on about the big 3. At first my hair felt good and dry for 2 weeks then it mostly fell out and never grew back so i had to get a ht. Simple!!

Some people get away with it but after i heard of loads of people receiving huge loss because it dries your scalp too much. :D

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Well i used it because i heard everyone harping on about the big 3. At first my hair felt good and dry for 2 weeks then it mostly fell out and never grew back so i had to get a ht. Simple!!

Some people get away with it but after i heard of loads of people receiving huge loss because it dries your scalp too much. :D

1% or 2%? I'm actually looking for some people's opinions since I started using the 1% every three days about a week ago.

I used 1%. I know lots of people that used to use it every 3 days but just leave it on for 2 mins max and see how u get on with it but if you use it too much or leave it on too long it will dry your scalp big time forcing a shead and not a good shead either.

I've also heard from a few tricholigists and drs that it doesn't really help hair loss at all but there is no real good proof to say it does or doesn't help.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I use 2% twice a week, but wait, I never really noticed a shed. If it does shed, is it temporary? It has prevented oil buildup / eliminated sebum, etc. I am also using Nioxin shampoo along with it. I think you can use either or, it just depends on the amount of oily hair or any scalp sensitivity. I have heard people use both on these forums.

My shead grew back 30% but my hairline was ruined so had to get ht. I think it's probably good if you have exccess oil but if you go too far it makes your hair fall out but i didn't notice any oil change i was just loving the dry hair as it seems to be thicker then a day later nearlly all my hair was gone that quick.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

• 2 years later...

I have been working the same thing but have been timid to find out for sure. When I first found out I was going bald I bought Nizoral 1% from eBay but then found Nizoral 2% on Amazon UK. It is almost like you would have to have a prescription for 2% here in the USA. I literally have 3 bottles of 2% but haven't' used them at all because I am worried it is going to be too much or something.

Nizoral isnt' the only thing I'm using. The main thing I have been using is the Hairmax Lasercomb. I have been trying to do a video blog of my progress. If you guys are interested you can watch my videos on YouTube.

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Part 4 -

Part 5 -

Part 6 -

I have been working the same thing but have been timid to find out for sure. When I first found out I was going bald I bought Nizoral 1% from eBay but then found Nizoral 2% on Amazon UK. It is almost like you would have to have a prescription for 2% here in the USA. I literally have 3 bottles of 2% but haven't' used them at all because I am worried it is going to be too much or something.

Nizoral isnt' the only thing I'm using. The main thing I have been using is the Hairmax Lasercomb. I have been trying to do a video blog of my progress. If you guys are interested you can watch my videos on YouTube.

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Part 4 -

Part 5 - youtube.com/watch?v=Z5NvQItfhkM

Part 6 - youtube.com/watch?v=2_hoIVYm-OE

Overuse of 2% nizoral will dry out your sebaceous glands and your hair will become brittle and easy to fall out.

Use only in moderation.

It does work great and make your hair and scalp better (if you have seborrheic dermatitis), but be careful not to overuse.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ive been using nizoral 2% for a few weeks now but just started on fin as well so don't know how good or bad the niz actually is to be honest. anyone got any suggestions for a shampoo for the rest of the week? im told by a doctor that revita doesn't really have any evidence to support its claims and alpecin seems to be b.s. too. im really not sure what to do.