What would you buy

You know what, I asked myself the same question. Think of it this way, a car is for one year, two, maybe five or even ten. But a transplant with the right doctor- now that's forever, or at least for a very long time! It's a life time of enjoying looking at yourself in the mirror & feeling good about yourself.

I wanted to buy a BMW 330ci but I'd rather spend the ?15 grand on a transplant.

A transplant is for EVERY Xmas.

Buy a basic car & save for a transplant. I'm definitely boarding the plane & changing my life forever.

I'd SELL my car for a transplant :D

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I chose to drive a 12 year Honda Civic and get a couple hair transplants instead of a nice new car. And I have no regrets whatsoever. I feel like a different person with my hair back. Much more confident and definitely get more attention from the gals. Hard to put a price on that. That said, no doubt I do think of all the things I could have done with that $20k plus. It sucks that hair is such a big deal in our society.

• Moderators

If you ask someone who is satisfied with their hair transplant they will tell you the better choice was going with the hair.

If you ask someone who had a failed hair transplant they will tell you they should have gone with the car instead.

You have to decide if you can part with $20000 even if you don't get the results you desire. Even if it's nor a failed HT, it's very likely that you won't have the density you hope for. Most people end up going for a 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th HT to get the desired result. Don't make your decision on either a car or HT because you may find yourself needing to make that decision again soon after the first HT.

You have to decide whether the ATTEMPT to get your hair back is worth not having the car.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

BeHappy does make a good point. Had I not gotten good results, my feelings definitely would be different. I almost went the cheap route (before finding this site) and I'm sure I would have spent less but gotten sub-par results. I know I would have regretted that now. HTs are no doubt, a huge commitment - both monetarily and emotionally. But when it works out, it's pretty damn golden. There are certainly no guarantees though and you have to understand that before you start.