HT Advice Needed (pic included)

I was looking for some advise for HT. I am in my early 30s and been on Propecia for a year and half and has seemed to stop or very least slow down my hair loss. I started losing hair since i was about 21.

If i have HT, will i be able to get back to work after a week with nobody noticing as I will not shave the recipient area and will leave it about an inch long?

Does Dr. Rahal perform surgeries in Toronto or only in Ottawa?

Can someone also have a look at my pic and advise if 3000 grafts to the top excluding crown would give me significant results, i have straight coarsers then avg hair?

Am I a norwood 5/6, from the pic do you see things getting worst for me?

Will i lose any existing hair at top of my head from a HT (I think i read something like that from a post someone had, not sure if true)?

Between Dr Rahal and Dr Simmons who would you choose and why?

HT1.png.5e95fe0526bdd6572293b344ad09f560.png

Its good that you are on proscar that will help.

If i have HT, will i be able to get back to work after a week with nobody noticing as I will not shave the recipient area and will leave it about an inch long?

They will notice unless you were a hat. In the first week you will probaly still have scabs and redness. Sometimes you need around 2 weeks for the scabs to fall out. An inch long will probaly be enough to cover the staples in the donor area.

Does Dr. Rahal perform surgeries in Toronto or only in Ottawa?

I believe he only does surgery in Ottawa, maybe I am wrong.

Can someone also have a look at my pic and advise if 3000 grafts to the top excluding crown would give me significant results, i have straight coarsers then avg hair?

Its hard to tell with the picture but since you have course hair 3000 is probaly correct.

Am I a norwood 5/6, from the pic do you see things getting worst for me?

Since you have been on meds for 1.5 years you probaly have seen the majority of positive effect that the meds will achieve. Hopefully things will remain the same with meds. Things will not get better hopefully they dont get worse.

Will i lose any existing hair at top of my head from a HT (I think i read something like that from a post someone had, not sure if true)?

If done with the right doctor you will not lose your existing hair.

Between Dr Rahal and Dr Simmons who would you choose and why?

Without getting into detail I would choose 100% Dr. Rahal. No disrepect to Dr. Simmons but in my opinion Dr. Rahal is in a different level.

Good luck to you!!!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Lorenzo got it right. 3000 grafts will provide significant cosmetic improvement, especially if you concentrate on the front half of your head. Coarse hair works in your favor here as it provides more coverage with the same grafts. I have had two HTs and I went back to work 2 weeks after the first one and then 10 days after the second (crown). I had some diffuse hair left (not much though) but it provided some cover for me. I had my staples removed before heading back to work after the first one but they were still on when I headed back after my second one and no one could see them unless they were really close and really looking hard for them (which doesn't happen). Some people get redness in the recipient area that lasts quite awhile (I did not). If you get the redness, then you have to make some excuse like you have an infection or some sort of dermatitis or something. Also, some doctors require you to shave your recipient area. Mine did not. That will be a factor in how fast you can re-emerge afterwards with no one noticing. Good luck to you!

Attached is also a pic of the back to make it more clear perhaps. Please advise.

Also, from what the Dr told me and from what i know its not diffuse thinning as it is in the crown front part and not at back or sides meaning not all over my entire head.

HT.JPG.32286706af6c3ed460f14d94f8d3292b.JPG