I can read your mind !!!

EastCoast

I am 6 weeks post up of repair work. I was butchered by a former recommened Doctor on this website that was thrown off. I have the biggest meeting in my life next week. It is for a very important account for my business. I am meeting face to face. This repair work is so noticable. In the past peopole would gaze at my hairline (the plugs). You know what they are thinking without them saying it(poor hairtransplant). Any suggestion? Tuopee, toppik, hair style. I feel akward in a big hotel with dozens of people.

I am 6 weeks post up of repair work. I was butchered by a former recommened Doctor on this website that was thrown off. I have the biggest meeting in my life next week. It is for a very important account for my business. I am meeting face to face. This repair work is so noticable. In the past peopole would gaze at my hairline (the plugs). You know what they are thinking without them saying it(poor hairtransplant). Any suggestion? Tuopee, toppik, hair style. I feel akward in a big hotel with dozens of people.

Eastcoast,

I have formerly used Toppik to disquise my hairloss in the past. It is difficult to utilize on the hairline unless you are very slow applying (tapping) it. It is the most natural appearing cosmetic product I have tried. Have you ever considered FUE/FIT technology to thin out those plugs? Best wishes to you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Any suggestion? Tuopee, toppik, hair style. I feel akward in a big hotel with dozens of people.

If you have a toupee, you may want to clean it up, style it, and use it for this meeting. If the repair work is still very noticable it will probably be a distraction to the people you are meeting with and you'll feel less confident if you see them checking out your head.

Good luck with the meeting.

EastCoast:

I also use Toppik successfully every day & consider it to be an excellent product...like yourself, I visit with clients & find myself in many business related events...I used Toppik after my last HT (2000 grafts) & didn't notice any eyes diverting to my hairline...I know from experience that all eyes would be focused on a toupee...you'll be fine with the Toppik after some initial practice using it!

Mike

EastCoast, just out of curiosity, what type of business do you have? You don't have to give me the name. I'm just wondering what you do, what field you are in.

You see, I'm in the process of trying to start a business myself. Hopefully, I'll be able to do most of what I need to do over the phone. I dread the idea of having to meet people because my hairloss crushes my confidence if I think about it.

It's kind of tough to go through life when your outward appearance doesn't match your inner self.

Eastcoast,

In a picture that I saw of your hairline it looked like you combed it up and slightly back. Do you think you would be able to train it forward so the plugs aren't noticeable at all?

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

East,

I own a marketing company in the financial services industry. I don't get out in front of clients much on the street anymore, but do meet with other companies that are huge. I am also balding, and have never let it get in the way. Just go in with confidence and do your job! Sell IT ! A full head of hair will not make your business successful. You know what you need to do. Prepare yourself and make the deal. At my last big meeting, right after being introduced to the owner of a large insurance agency in NJ, another person in the meeting said to the owner, "what's with the crew cut?" The owner replied " well at 40 years old and with a full head of hair I can do what ever I want with it". I just made a joke and moved forward with my prepared presentation and made the deal to work together. I wish you the best and I bet you will do fine.

East: It's probably not as bad as you think it looks. Toppik is good advice, toupee, etc.

Btw, I doubt anyone will react the way you're worrying about. If someone does react like a child, the other people at the meeting will think he/she is an a**.

Also, what's wrong with telling your client what you did? Most people would find it very interesting. Those that don't - well - maybe we could call them IDIOTS!

There is an atimizer available to use with Toppik. It was new in Vancouver. Everyone I have told about it has really likes it. Don't know if you could get one in time but it makes the toppik come out in a mist versus tapping it. Good luck!

Ailene

Dr. Cooley's assistant

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Gillenator,

I had 2k of fue with Dr. Jones in CA. If it doesn't hid it I will thin them out with another fue session.

HairBoy,

I have contract with large mortgage servicers. I maintain all their foreclosures and also market them. My company also manages commercial and residential real estate. We provide appraisals also. I also have partnerships where our main holding is real estate.

I just bought gel that gives the wet look. I hope this works. I don't wish a bad ht on anyone.

Old Baldy,

I have been wearing a hat for 2 years. I am embarrassed to tell anyone I had an ht. I have isolated my self socially. I have had 5 surgeries in 2.3 years.

Eastcoast,

I did not know you had the 2K FUE session! That should really help. How many grafts were placed in the front and did Dr. Jones utilize many singles in the hairline area? How long ago was your FUE procedure? I apologize if you already mentioned all of this previously in another thread.

Thanks for your participation on this forum and I was wondering if your handle "Eastcoast" has anything to do with where you live. If you ever are in the Wash DC (Northern Virginia) area, give me a shout and feel welcome to stop by and visit anytime. You obviously have alot to share with having 5 procedures in 2.3 years!

BTW, that invite extends to anyone else! icon_wink.gif

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Gillinator,

I was a diffuse thinner with a very receded hairline. I had a very strong widows peak. I had 800 grafts my first session. Basically a strip of say 1500 to 1800 grafts was taken. They were then doubled and triple into coupled fu's. It looked grafty and I had shock that never returned. I went for a second 5 months later. I do not believe I transected any grafts due to all former grafts being spaced far apart and quite obvoius. I then had more shock which made the total of 1800 mixed grafts look very obvious. I had a mixed graft section in ignorance. My hair is extremely thick and course. I had Elvis hair. The plugs really stood out. At this point I had 2 stretched scars. I decide to do several small fue sessions with Dr. Jones, one of which was a scar reduction. I have a total of about 3900 grafts. The real number is most likely close to 5k as many were doubled and tripled. I can get about 3k more by strip and have 3 to 5 thousand of fue avaible. I will most likely wind up with 7 to 8 k of grafts total.

Hi Guys,

Great thread, while were all here I wanted to pose a seperate question to you all. my understanding is that we have around 5-6k of FU's available from strip. If you use those can you then utilise the rest of the donor are by using FUE? Does FUE buy you more grafts?

It seems FUE is gaining popularity both for mega sessions and also scar reduction. What are your thoughts.

qvarnis

PS. Gill that invite sounds great, bit far away in Australia, damn, we need a convention organised.

Qvarnis,

Our donor area has limits in harvesting whether it is done by strip of FUE/FIT. Sooner or later the donor will begin to appear depleted if over-harvesting is done. The main advantage of FUE/FIT is there are no linear scars that show unlike a strip.

FUE/FIT extractions can indeed pull additional grafts from above the ears which is typically terminal hair and of course the body.

Qvarnis, I think your idea of a conference is a great one! Maybe you can start a thread on the subject to see some feedback. Let me know if you ever are in the US! Take care. icon_smile.gif

Gillenator

Toppik works well even on the front if you apply it lightly and hairspray it down. You will not be able to keep it from the wife, that stuff can really mess up a bathroomicon_smile.gif but a man has to have his secrets so admit nothing!