2nd pass

Hi guys, i m now officially 9 months post op. Without going into detail on my 1st op, i just want to concentrate my question on this. For those having gone for their 2nd passes ( or 3rd and so on ), does it really make a difference?

Obviously the density would be better, but imagine if my hair is fine and limpy in the first place, adding more density via a 2nd pass might not solve the issue in the first place. Am i right to say so?

Lastly, just a general thought, if u were not satisfied with your first op, due to reasons u really cannot tell, be in the doc, your own physicality or whatever reasons, what makes u want to go back to the same doc who operated on u the first time round? Or is it better to go to another doc?

thanks guys!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

wb,

As you know, in my case the second hair transplant made a big difference. I have no explanation as to why my first procedure fell short of expectations but I decided that it was most likely due to a factor that was out of my doctor's control.

When planning my second procedure I also pondered whether or not I should split my risk by choosing a different doctor.

In the end, I chose to go back to my doctor for two main reasons. First, I felt the hair that grew in looked perfectly natural. Second, my hair stylist was very impressed with my scar and had difficulty finding it even when I pointed it out. Yes, he did also offer to give me a break on a subsequent procedure but I would never have placed my precious follicles in jeopardy just to save money.

After weighing all the pros and cons I decided that I trusted him and his staff and would best be served by returning to him for the follow up. Some people supported this decision and others thought it was akin to madness. But, as you can see, it's worked out well for me and I'm very pleased.

By the way, my one year anniversary is next month and I'll be posting pics at that time.

While I can't speak to how your results may turn out after a second pass, I would say that it's definitely worth having a consultation or two. I would hate to see you give up after one lackluster result.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

David, i feel i am u! just a couple yrs later :)

Your hair loss patterns looks eerily similar though i think i have slightly more to begin with. I am exactly at the cross road u once were. I thought i would be out of this shit hole just after 1 pass. I was full of hopes and expectations but as the days go by, the light just went dimmer and dimmer. In fact, i feel worse now than before i started the journey. Reason is i now know that my first attempt has not really been a success and to venture into yet another procedure... its tough mate. Also, i am in a situation where i do not want to be. Before the procedure, i was too bald so i was determined to do something about it. Right now, i am defn looking better than before but not to the point whereby i feel satisfied. Its neither here nor there.

I am still waiting for a miracle to happen and hopfully the spots can thicken up down the road. However, like u said, i will probably do a couple of online consultations with the recommended docs and get their opinions

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

My second pass made a huge difference. But the first guy used hardly any grafts and they were mini grafts. Dr. Feller had the fill-in between them.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hello my friend.

All i can add is YES, it does make a difference doing a 2nd pass on same area and bringing it up to 50% or more density,it becomes hardly see through and better for style options.

One thing that may freak u is SHOCKLOSS,

most get it some dont but i can assure you that it will regrow at 3-4 months post op if its strong good hair.

I did 2nd pass at 12 months post and it was all healed fine .

Dr.Path will only advise you whats best for you ,he wont just want to make money,

he cares and he is a top notch surgeon,

im sure that youll hardly notice your scar because he does it sooo neat.

Good luck,

go for it at 12 months or after

best wishes from me

wb80,

The second pass for me made a big difference for sure. If you know my history the first session with Dr. Wong was fantastic and I was very happy, if for anything, because I looked normal again (not bald with obvious pluggy grafts for a hairline).

The difference however was not so easy to see until I was about six months out however because when you have a decent amount of hair in the recipient area already, and it grows back after the procedure (but before the new grafts sprout) it takes longer for the new grafts to catch up and make a noticeable difference. The improvement is only incremental as time goes by till one day, because the grafts have finally caught up, you notice the accumulated improvement and it just "hits" you. It is similar to not seeing the trees because of the forest but eventually the recipient area styles better, has more volume and looks fuller overall. I think the improvements are harder to see in photos but easier to see in the mirror.

My crown however does not apply to this description of how things improve because that area was barren before the 2nd pass gave me light crown coverage so the improvements there were more obvious and came on faster.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Every person needs up to 3 passes. To me i had two failure passes with unknown HT surgeon, So you are luckier than me. One pass doesn't do much for you especially if you are young or in the 30's. I'm sure Dr Path can give a complementary operation as he states to every customer if the growth is poor or generous discount. However you better consider some real deal surgeons such as Dr Rahal or H&W. You gotta spend some decent cash to see wonders. Thats my personal opinion.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi guys, thanks for the comments and all of u have been spot on with my situation and worries.

Yes i realized that i prob need another session but like i said, i am in a dilemma. This morning, i put on a bit of Gatsby technical clay, scruffed it up and bit and added nanogen. Hell, i thought my hair looked good. Although my density is poor, i have to admit i have more hair now than i used to have, so after putting some clay and concealers, i thought i can pull it off but the ghost will come back at the end of the day. In the end, i think i am back to square 1 as i will not dare go out if my hair is not done up..

Waveskier, u r damn right. I am very concerned on the shock loss. I had that first time round and it was bad. I cannot meet clients, bankers etc and i attend conferences and award dinners, i cannot simply don a cap. That alone is the main detractor if i choose not to go for 2nd pass. You can suggest that i go look for a doc who does not shave but if the shock comes in, there is no difference. You will still look bald up front.

I know guys, its not a simple decision. Both ways are not perfect, however it seems to me that those guys with 2nd passes ( Jo, hairthere, cow, hariri etc ) have been far more satisfied after going thru 2nd or even 3rd passes... I am somehow more swayed towards having a 2nd pass now...

wb, for what it's worth, I am now at 11 months post op with my temple point fue and still seeing big differences in terms of the overall density from day to day.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairthere, sorry I missed your name in my last post! Yup I m still hinging on thin hopes that my density would improve down the last n final home run. Thanks for giving me confidence mate! Actually during the last consultation abt 1.5 mths back, dr pat did a detailed check for me, there were many short n growing hairs. I m just hoping I m a super late grower n those grafts will not Just stop growing!