Hair Loss Career Network

Gossamer

Leading up to and during my recent hair transplant, I do not know how many times I thought how nice it would be to work for or with someone who has had a hair transplant. It would have been easier to request the time off, less difficult to hide everything post-op, or less concern for assumptions/judgments that people might make if they became suspicious. In addition to having someone who you can simply be open and honest around, I am sure that many of you feel like your career progress has suffered or been put on hold while you have dealt with hair transplants or lacked confidence as various points in time.

Is there a way to create a forum or jumpstart an initiative to allow those of us to suffer from hair loss to network and help one another with our career development? Much like alumni of various schools feel compelled to help one another because of a common experience, all of us who suffer from hair loss share a common bond that is deeply personal and we are sensitive to what others are experiencing. I have witnessed the tremendous collective outflow of knowledge and compassion from posters who genuinely want to see other people like them make informed decisions and feel better about themselves. I wonder if career development could be a logical extension.

There are very intelligent and successful people on this website, but they may not have reached their highest potential because of hair loss. Perhaps this is one way that we can all create something positive from a negative experience.