HTN: saving scalps and being a guardian angel one lock at a time

So, I don't think I've ever mentioned this in any capacity, but I play poker professionally; henceforth, illuminating one of the reasons I'm able to be on here so much. icon_smile.gif

Anyways, my ADD was particularly ferocious this afternoon and betwixt making my rounds on the tables I couldn't resist cruising HTN and oggling mop shots. Historically, this has cost me a "bit" of money when I've been especially involved in a thread and my hand times out, I misread something, etc. But it's a sacrifice I'm generally cool with as this *is* the best follicular inspired community around.

Sundays are a huge day for tournament poker, and I'm a sucker for playing glorified lottos, and today was no exception. And here is where a special, and surprising thanks needs to go out to this forum, and, even more surprising, Dr. Alvi Armani for inspiring the latest threat concerning him.

Midway through a hand fairly deep in a tournament and I had an easy decision and fold to make facing a mammoth "alllin"; I was more focused on the aforesaid topic and eagerly toggling through my windows I clicked "call"...unwittingly...and without even knowing what I had pressed until I went back to my game and realized the following:

I called a shove facing two mammoth stacks holding KK and KK, respectively, and my 23 ended up winning the gargantuan pot. This would be reasonably funny and cool no matter what, but over the next 7hours I proceeded to go on a complex tear of bizarre mathematical proportions, ultimately making the final table of the multi-thousand man field and doing super good.

And without a doubt I owe about 95.6% of my windfall to the HTN community for the equity that the insane misclick gave me. My appreciation will be paid forward at the next ISHRS conference. icon_cool.gif /blog

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

icon_smile.gifI like that Thana.

I never knew you were. I like watching you guys on TV.I admire gamblers spirit....Frustrated when the winnings are small, and bored when they are big...I don't know why ...i am not rich...I guess money has a dark side, like the moon, which no one can see without going there icon_wink.gif

I am happy for you, congratulations

icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

lol... im a solid player myself thana.. so you just climbed a bit in my book... which is good cause you were pretty LOW in my book before i learned you were a poker player..... just playin man!! you know i love ya...

ive had a few 'misclick' wins myself. but even more losses icon_rolleyes.gif.... call me crazy but ive learned its not exactly a winning strategy... percentage wise, of course....

given your situation you had to have been quite pleased when you saw they both had the same hand with KK... automatically betters your suck out chances VS two players.......................nice hand............fishicon_wink.gif

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Haha, hey man, how's it going? Thought you had departed the online lairs of hair for good! Was getting nervous...icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

That's pretty sweet Thana. I actually played poker once and lost 20 bucks when I could have won 60. I felt so bad and I vowed never to play again. I think I'll keep it that way. Oh yeah, and welcome back LMS.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group