Question on post op shedding

Hey wanted to ask regarding shedding in recipient area. When shedding occurs ( as it is for me at 6 weeks post op) is it common for some grafts to be completely intact and for some areas to be completely bald? for example the grafts in my hairline seemed to have stayed at the moment but a couple of areas behind hairline have no grafts or no sign of native hair growing back so all you can see is scalp without any activity? The areas where i had some pimples that have now gone also have no activity ( gratfs or native hair begining to grow through) not majorly concerned but more of a case of wanting to be told that others expreicenced this during shedding. Any feedback would be appreciated.

photo1-4.jpg.bcaf0bb7bbf1cd924ce0f5a240be8aed.jpg

6 weeks is a long time for them to stick around. Mine are almost completely shed at 3 weeks. When did you start washing your hair normally? But you'll be fine; everyone sheds and grows at different rates.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

6 weeks is a long time for them to stick around. Mine are almost completely shed at 3 weeks. When did you start washing your hair normally? But you'll be fine; everyone sheds and grows at different rates.

Hi

Yes i followed the post op instructions as from Dr Hassons clinic with my first hair wash ( with a cup with water and shampoo) from day 2 all my scabs came off when they should have etc. Its a little hard to be 100% sure what is native hair and what are grafts but my original hairline was patchy and broken in the centre and now its one even line in the centre so that is most definitely grafts could i not just be one of the lucky ones that retains some grafts?? I am full of positivity regarding my HT so anything is possible...

ukpatient, I'm following a similar pattern to you - I didn't start shedding until nearly week 5 post-op, and it's very slow and gradual. But like you, shedding is also uneven - particularly around my hairline, the grafts are hanging onto the hair for longer - whereas there are spots behind the hairline which have shed a fair bit more.

I thought it might be due to the greater trauma to the regions behind the hairline (dense transplantion on all sides), so more 'scalp shock'. I'm not too worried about it myself, but it would be good to get some other opinions!