Had transplant with Damkerng Pathomvanich, when to get sultures removed?

akuma

Hey guys I got a hair transplant with Dr Damkerng Pathomvanich and the experience was great. He does Trichophytic Closure. Since i only stayed there for few days, he told me to get the sultures removed 6 days after the date of surgery. But looking at most members online and other websites, majority got theirs taken out around 2 weeks after surgery.

I read somewhere that waiting too long to take out the sultures can result in a more visible sulture scar.

I dont know when to get the sultures removed. I know i should listen to the doctor, but like to get some input on how long after the surgery did other people wait to get their sultures removed.

which doctor do your transplant?

how did you guys deal with donor area itchyness? I realised its quite itchy after shower. I just tend to move my hair around that kinda eases it. I dont want to scratch it. The most i do sometimes is gently pat it.

the assistants at the clinic said its ok to rub a little on the donor area while shampooing. I dont know why but when i do that, i start to fear what if i "loosen" disolvable sutures. Does anyone else get this fear? Do you rub on the donor area a little while shampooing?

dr.path says,

get retention sutures out 6-7 days post op,SO DO THAT OK.

dissolvable sutures are ok to rub a little,they wont come undone,unless you start to do big silly fast movements.

SIT BACK

RELAXE

LET IT HEAL

BE GENTLE

FOR GODS SAKE STOP PANICKING

I was with Dr Path aswell. I managed to get the dissolvable suctures loose. I was combing and I caught on some of it. No harm done as the wound was healing nicely already. Right now there is a bit of suture hanging loose and I am just leaving it to fall off by itself.

Did Dr Path give you written instructions to give your GP on what sutures to remove? I stayed in Bangkok till the 6th day to get the retention ones removed and memory there was 12 blue ones.

ive been trying to help you and you answer me like that??????????

yes but the way you went about it. With caps, yelling, and things like "FOR GODS SAKE STOP PANICKIN".

Like i said, Im sure i am not the only one who gets paranoid after a hair transplant to make sure they are doing everything right for optimum growth and scar healing. You dont have to start yelling.

Vincent, yes he did give me a paper with instructions to give to a doctor here in australia. Was told only to cut the blue ones and not the dissolvables. I know i am getting too paranoid but i feel that what if the doctor cuts the dissolvables by mistake. hehe. I really gotta just relax.

Edited by akuma

Looking back over my diary notes, it was a huge relief when I had the nylon stitches (all 14 of them) removed on Day 7....I wouldn't say that I suffered too much from itchiness but there was certainly much less discomfort afterwards and it was a whole lot easier to sleep.

I also second wb280's suggestion...nothing like a pretty girl to take your mind off things...oh, and a few beers...for medicinal purposes only of course :)

Akuma, i got mine done by Dr Path as well, 12 days ago. Confess to being so mad busy i havent had the time to return (though he'd only asked me to return yesterday so technically im a day late..). I'll head there early next wk to get them removed. P.s. I'm based in Bkk at the mo so i'm pretty flexible with timing, and he seems relaxed about it too.

Had a dreadful itch at the donor area this evening, rubbed it a bit and a chunk of white stitching came out. No pain or bleeding and itch actually stopped after that. So think its defo time to get them removed (to the extent that i haven't already), so rest assured you're alright..

Love your last line. We all really gotta just relax but damn its hard!

Akuma, i got mine done by Dr Path as well, 12 days ago. Confess to being so mad busy i havent had the time to return (though he'd only asked me to return yesterday so technically im a day late..). I'll head there early next wk to get them removed. P.s. I'm based in Bkk at the mo so i'm pretty flexible with timing, and he seems relaxed about it too.

Had a dreadful itch at the donor area this evening, rubbed it a bit and a chunk of white stitching came out. No pain or bleeding and itch actually stopped after that. So think its defo time to get them removed (to the extent that i haven't already), so rest assured you're alright..

Love your last line. We all really gotta just relax but damn its hard!

I had surgery on 8th and you had on 9th. :) i'll keep close eye on your blog to see how your growth compares to mine. Having said that. I gotta take pics to make a blog.

After i got blue nylon stitches removed, so much easier to sleep. I noticed a good way to treat the itch (apart from applying olive oil as told by Dr Oravan). My sulture area has small hairs (that were cut during donor extraction). What i do is just play with those hairs without touching my skin and it REALLLLYYY relieves the itch. heheh Might work for others too so try that. ;)

Yes pls put your pics up and we'll do some mutual tracking lol :D

Today i scratched out a lot more white stitches (unintentionally but didnt hurt). Last night I painstakingly soaked a truckload of crusty scabs and then removed them (while watching Chuck Norris). Hows your scabbing going?

Yes pls put your pics up and we'll do some mutual tracking lol :D

Today i scratched out a lot more white stitches (unintentionally but didnt hurt). Last night I painstakingly soaked a truckload of crusty scabs and then removed them (while watching Chuck Norris). Hows your scabbing going?

I will let you know of my blog once i get my camera back and take pictures. :)