i was just curious if anyone on the board ever had one done? it seems like a gret idea because i read its like 10000 grafts at once. you could never match the density and coverage . i also read that once you get the procedure your hair stays and doesnt fall out. thanks guys

Edited by Hairy13

Flap surgery is an old school technique that is rarely used today. The problem is that when they do a flap the hair is repositioned and grows in a different direction than the other hair.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

the hair is repositioned and grows in a different direction than the other hair.

Additionally, I think there is an issue of the survivability of the repositioned flap, i.e. there can be some necrosis.

take care...

some of the most extreme repair cases i have seen are because the patient had a flap procedure performed prior .

I think its absolute butchery i would stay clear !

regards

ej

Forgive my skepticism but methinks Hairy13's professed naivety on the efficacy of the hairflap is, as of 2011, dissembling and possibly disingenuous. If one does even a minimal amount of "reading" on the subject, beyond the one or two doctor's sites actually propounding this antiquated procedure, it's clearly a process that's horrific and fraught with wildly unnecessary risks & downsides.