Hair transplant query

Hi all

Im pretty new to the whole hair loss thing and im not sure if im actually losing my hair, however it has been pointed out and subtly joked about that I may be losing my hair.

Anyway after looking through old photos and what not and remember certain things people have said about my hairline over my life ive come to the conclusion that i've always had a naturally high hairline/widows peak. It may be thinning though i am not sure.

Anywayz my question is this: can I get a hair transplant to lower my hairline and perhaps fill in the windows peak on the edges to make a more straight hair line - even though its not my natural hair line?? Is it possible to transplant hair to areas of the frontal hairline that aren't natural - that is to places on my forehead I wasnt born with hair on?? Or in general what can I do to lower my hair line and/or fill in the edges of my hairline near the sides.

By the way im a 23 year old male, ill also attach a pic of my hairline from above, please feel free to ask whatever questions you want.

Thanks in advance

Leo

IMG_0411.JPG.3c88fe0fed16a97ca2bd8ab1b0eedbe4.JPG

it seems like you are very sub-concious about your hair...personally i think your hairline looks fine. many on here including myself would kill for it.

are you on any hairloss meds?

how healthy does the rest of your hair look? any thinning or miniaturized hairs?

you will probably find docs reluctant to get more aggressive with your hairline especially given your age. they wont want to waste donor hair on a lowered hairline especially if you start to lose hair later on in life.

i would leave it alone right now and get it touched up later (mid 30's) if it still bothers you. dont be premature with a HT. you will have to live with a scar or tiny white dots forever just because you want an overy aggressive hairline.

just my 0.02.

I agree with Moses. When I was about your age (22-24) I was together with a girlfriend who "discovered" that I was losing hair. I for myself did not notice it at all. We went to a hair transplant surgeon and he told me that I in fact really was losing some hair. Now I am 34 years old and I went for the big HT aprox one month ago. You should wait a little bit more in your case because you are young. It is more effective to save your "bullets" (hairs) for the later fight and then use them. It seems now clear to me that a hair transplant procedure is really a task of mathematical effectiveness and realistic expectations rather than subjective wishes. Cosmetical and future needs have to be met and the valuable hairs have to be preserved and taken care of as coins of gold.;)

I agree with Moses and danne.

Wait.

You certainly have lost some hair since you were 18, but at 23, wait until you are older and have more hair loss. You may lower your hairline just a little bit, but you also may need those hairs later on when you are going to get the "big" surgery. I made the mistake of doing a hair transplant in the frontal area and they, 10 years ago, put these ugly plugs in a few rows and now I've lost a lot more hair and it sucks. Not that you doc would use the plugs that I got, but the concept is the same; if they put hair in the front, and you nautually lose hair behind it, you'll be stuck with an unnatural hairline.

Get on some meds, and hopefully they work so you won't ever need a ht. :)

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

I have to agree. If you aren't noticing the hair loss and it doesn't really bother you right now then it's probably best to wait. I've also heard that at your age most docs won't do surgery but it may be good to have a consult with an ethical doctor, not one who will recommend the surgery just to put money in his own pocket, so that you know what your options are and can start planning for the future. You can do a search on this site for a coalition doctor in your area.

Frank

3 HT’s with Dr. Steven Gabel

2004- 2,855 grafts

2007- 2,789 grafts

2010- 2,010 grafts

View my hair restoration site

It is possible, that said, a reputable doc would not even think about lowering your hairling at the age of 23, because future loss pattern is yet to be determined. I would keep an eye on it, and if you decide you are thinning, get on meds.

Almost all caucasion men go thru something called "maturation", you can look it up, so don't trip too hard yet.

The best answer is no, you probably should not transplant below your natural hairline. Thats just IMO tho.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Some people do have a high hairline in childhood. Your hairline might give you a more mature appearance than you'd like, but it's a good shape - basically symmetrical and it looks solid. Hair can be transplanted to areas lower than the position of a person's original hairline (there's nothing about the skin that makes it unsuitable to accept grafts) but even if you aren't losing hair now, it's possible that this might change in the future. So there are no technical reasons why you shouldn't get a transplant, you just have to consider potential future needs for the grafts that would be used.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com