Chance of no hair growth after HT

I have heard of lot of people had bad experiences with no hair growing at all when they went to some unknown doctors.

My question is when you go to a recommended doctor on this forum what are the chance that the hair growth will be much less than optimal result , like the result is less than 70 percent of the transplanted hairs grow.

I have heard of lot of people had bad experiences with no hair growing at all when they went to some unknown doctors.

It sometimes happens even when people go to known doctors. Unfortunately, not everyone's physiology is such that they respond well to hair transplants.

My question is when you go to a recommended doctor on this forum what are the chance that the hair growth will be much less than optimal result , like the result is less than 70 percent of the transplanted hairs grow.

There's really no way to quantify what the chances are of that happening. Using better doctors obviously enhances your odds for better results, but a non-growth outcome is generally due to factors outside the doctors' control and therefore not predictable.

Here's the deal. When you here of patients having poor growth from those HT doctors that are less known, i'ts usually due to the fact that the strip is not dissected under a microscope. The transection rate is high. The staffs are usually not the cream of the crop, they are not trained proficiently well and so the grafts are not implanted well. We could go on and on.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I am talking about the cases where patient physiology is not the culprit but the factors mentioned above by gillenator. The reason why I am asking this question is I see not all the doctors post patients results regularly on this forum, Not even once in a month. Is it because their success rate is less.

Edited by baldingbro