3300 Grafts with Dr. Feller in 1.5 hours!

Dan72

I'm sitting in my hotel room (woke up at 4.45am!), contemplating the day. I'm not sure how I'm feeling to be honest but hope all goes well.

Once there are some pics to post, I will keep you updated with them,

Wish me luck!

Dan

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Dan72/albums/496

July 2002 HT #1 - Bosley NY - 1800 Grafts

Feb 2011 HT #2 - Feller Medical - 2372 Grafts

July 2012 HT #3 - Feller Medical - 1702 Grafts (no pics as yet)

Hey Dan, I just had 2100 grafts done on Tuesday with Dr. Feller. This was my third procedure with him and you're in great hands! Keep us updated and if you have any questions/concerns just ask.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

When I first read it, I thought Dr. Feller and staff placed 3300 grafts in 1.5 hours LOL!

Congrats on picking a world class surgeon, and by Christmas you will already have a gift!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

lol sorry I should have made the thread title clearer.

Well now I'm back in my hotel room, feeling relieved that it's all over. It was ALOT better than I thought it would be! The hardest part was removing the donor area as my previous Bosley scar made the area very sensitive. That being said it wasn't terrible at all, it just meant a few more little injections to numb it.

Although I was hoping for 3300 grafts and for it to cover my crown, it seems that I wasn't able to reach that amount he was only able to do the front area. We reached 2372 grafts in the end. He said that my laxity was extremely good and although I had had previous surgery, my head was like working on a virgin head. He said that I would need about 1200 further grafts to cover my crown if I wanted to do that at a later date, and had the laxity to do it. They were extremely happy with the result, and said that it was very tightly packed and a perfect session.

So, right now, as expected, I'm shattered and feeling very 'tight'. Once we have the pics, I'll get them posted.

Everything that is said about Dr. Feller and his team is spot on! What a thoroughly great, caring and wonderful bunch.

Now just to fight through the ugly duckling stage and be patient! Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Hairthere, all the best to you too mate, hope you grow well :)

Dan,

Just wondering why not the 3300? Did you go to Dr Feller for a consult before today or was today your first visit?? Was it a lack of density that caused the shortage?? Just wondering...I know Dr Feller is world class and you will have excellent results!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Hi mate,

Yes, he said that although I had great density at the back, it seemed to thin out on the sides. If I had the same density at the sides, he would have been able to get the 3300. I met up with Spex in London, but this was my first visit to meet with Dr.Feller.

dan, glad it went well. I know it might be a bit of a let down to not get total coverage, but at least you know you can go back for another round. Take those vicodins and get some rest!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

dan, glad it went well. I know it might be a bit of a let down to not get total coverage, but at least you know you can go back for another round. Take those vicodins and get some rest!

Thank you :)

Yeah, honestly, I'm pretty disappointed about it, but hey ho. He can only work with what he has. Maybe in a couple of years I can FUE the final 1200 or something. I really was hoping this would have been the last time I had HT, but I guess I can't have it all :)

I hear you. A little dermatch in the crown though and you'll be good to go. I did that successfully for the last three years, and then I got tired of it and went for this procedure. I suspect you'll find the same. Rest assured though, the work he did up front will look great, and if you style wisely you might even get some coverage into the vertex/crown.

As stated before, try and get some rest, and I'm just a few days ahead of you and stuck inside so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks again. Are you still in NY or did you fly home already?

I've been using Toppik for about 10 years and honestly, am completely sick and tired of using it, so the thought of having to continue doesn't really fill me with much joy. Anyway, maybe I won't care too much about the crown once the front grows in, I can live in hope lol.

I slept surprisingly well, no real problems. I bought a neck pillow, not the flight blow up ones, but a beanie filled one which has helped tremendously with being able to get comfortable. Very tender and sore this morning, but nothing that I wasn't expecting.

Thanks for your support :)

dan, I live in new york so I did not have to deal with travel. toppik is a pain and very messy, imo. give dermatch a try, if you need it. it's very easy to apply. how are you planning to wear your hair?

Re: Dermatch, thanks for the tip, I'll take a look into that. I'm certainly up for anything that will relieve me from Toppik!

As for hairstyle plans, well, I had this huge hope that I would be able to wear it longer after the HT had grown in. I shouldn't have built my hopes up so much as now I'm feeling really low about the lack of crown work.

So, I guess I will see how it grows and just have to keep it fairly short so that the crown doesn't look too obvious. Although that being said, if Dermatch works well perhaps I can do something a little longer. One of my biggest excitements for all of this was not needing any concealers again, so at the moment the thought of still needing it makes my heart sink. :(

Hey Dan, Perhaps you won't need cover-up. You may get enough growth from the front/vertex that it will cover the crown if styled appropriately. I had a lot of thinning up top that, when dry, my HT hair in the hairline covered. How far back did Dr. F go? You look like you have a decent amount of hair to start with so I really think it's gonna look great and you will be happy. My recommendation for hairstyle is to go a bit longer (not too long though) and wear it spiked and messy. There's a guy on here that went to Dr. F and posted pics of his hair in that style and it looks great. I think he has a very similar case to yours too. I'll try and dig it up for you...

Thanks mate.

He worked on the entire frontal section, and stopped just slightly into the middle strip, I have no doubt that I will be delighted with the result. He packed them really tightly and said the folicles were strong and healthy.

Perhaps you're right, and maybe once the front has grown, I can reach a longer style that suits me.

Thanks for your support :)

good luck man, you are in good hands with Dr Feller

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

I've just uploaded some pics to my profile for anyone who may be interested. The quality isn't great, so apologies for that. It's not easy taking pics at strange angles with an iPhone lol. Taken immediately post op, and the donor area pics were taken 1 day after.

When I go back to have the staples removed, I will ask them to shave the lot off.

Again, I've added more pics for Day 5 for anyone it may help. I'd appreciate some comments as to what you think. I've updated my blog too with more info. I shaved all my hair off last night since I was sick of looking so ridiculous with it all at different lengths!

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Dan72's Profile

Scar looks good Dan, and donor area looks as it should for now. I am debating whether or not to buzz it all off myself....

Thanks Buddy, buzzing it off was actually extremely liberating. I've NEVER had it all shaved off before, and the fact that I don't like as much like a potato as I thought I would (!) was quite a relief too lol.