Dr Pathomvanich or Dr Madhu? Urgent help. Tough choice.

akuma

I am going for a HT very very soon. I want to get about 1200 grafts done roughly for hairline work. I want strip procedure, not FUE. I live in Australia and HT is too expensive here. $10 440 for 1200 grafts. That is $8.7 per graft!!! Yikes!!

Dr Pathomvanich has shown great results. With barely visible donor scar.

Dr Madhu has had more indian patients (such as myself), so I dont know his experience with other races.

Beow is the comparison price wise. Either I go India or Thailand for the transplant. I didn't take into account food prices ofcourse and other minor costs. This are just estimates.

Dr Pathomvanich price is 85 baht per graft. So that $2.76 in Australian dollar. For 1200 grafts that is $3312. Price of return flight from bangkok is $900. Hotel stay for about 5 days is abou $300. That comes to a total of $4500. Still cheaper than $10 000 if i did it in sydney. Plus i get a quick holiday at Bangkok.

Dr Madhu price is 50 Rupees per graft. That is $1.1 in Australian dollar. For 1200 grafts that is $1320. The actual procedure cost is already 2.5 times cheaper than Dr Pathomvanich. But price of return from Hyderabad is $1300 though. Hotel stay for about 5 days is about $350. That comes to a total of $2970.

So there is roughly $1500 dollars difference between the 2 journeys. Not much. Both these surgeons seem to do great work. I dont know who to go with. Dr madhu seems to have more experience with Indians such as myself. But Dr Pathomvanich just seems so sincere and genuine and such consistent results and GREAT donor closure.

Dr Madhu does body hair transplantation as well, which is great since i am considering body hair on eyebrows. But I feel more content with Dr Pathomvanich consistent results.

I dont know who to go with.

Any input would be great guys.

Edited by akuma

Dr Pathomvanich for sure. No doubt.. He is the right choice to me.

1) More experience and contribution to the HT industry, 2) Just won the golden follicle award (knowing his not from the west, which for the first time), 3) Very nice results with using lateral slit technique (same used with rahal and H&W), 4) Very thin scar (Even TomA a patient who done an HT with Dr. Path and did his 2nd OP with Madhu said that Dr. Madhu took time to find his scar because of the perfect closure), 5) Country (No compare, Bangkok is a first class tourism country), 6) He is not only a recommended Doctor in the forum but a COALITION MEMBER as well...

Go ahead and book your ticket to Bangkok buddy...

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

1) More experience and contribution to the HT industry, 2) Just won the golden follicle award (knowing his not from the west, which for the first time), 3) Very nice results with using lateral slit technique (same used with rahal and H&W), 4) Very thin scar (Even TomA a patient who done an HT with Dr. Path and did his 2nd OP with Madhu said that Dr. Madhu took time to find his scar because of the perfect closure), 5) Country (No compare, Bangkok is a first class tourism country), 6) He is not only a recommended Doctor in the forum but a COALITION MEMBER as well...

Thanks for the reply mate. I am leaning towards Dr Pathomvanich as well. Scar closure is very very good. I guess since i will be travelling alone for the first time, I feel a bit anxious but also excited. hehe

Looking at thailands current state. They sometimes have protests and airports can held and tourists get stuck. I think i will reduce my stay in thailand to a minimum.

http://www.thai-blogs.com/2011/02/01/is-bangkok-safe-for-a-holiday/

Edited by akuma

• 1 year later...

Hi HARIRI

I am considerting Dr.Path in Thailand too, since I only need less than 1000 grafts to fix my hairline, I would prefer FUE, I dont know if anyone had FUE experience with Dr. Path, as it seems most of the guys I am reading here all had FUT with him. I emailed Dr. Path, he confirmed that he does FUE as well, I am just a bit concerned if he does FUE as well as FUT. will you still recommond him for FUE in Asia, if travelling to the US is not an option(im living in China)