How many grafts left

How do ht doctors determine how many grafts are left in the donor area if they tell you not many are left how do they know since you still have hair also when the ht doctor makes the slits for the grafts and the tech places them if there are some left over (not enough slits) do they "piggy back" them and does this effect the follicle

In the case of FUT the Doc can usually determine if there is aenough laxity in the scalp to perform another surgery rather than how many grafts are actually left. So if someone has had 3 FUT's then the scalp may be to tight at that point to perform another surgery.

With FUE I'm sure it is a different case. Since laxity is not the problem then exhausting the donor supply would be. There has to be enough hair left to cover any scalp/scarring.

Just my non pro opinon though.

I think two things determine available grafts-scalp laxity and the amount of hair remaining to adequately cover the donor area. You can always go with FUE after you exhaust the strip method.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

For the second part of your question:

Doctors would simply make more incisions if there were grafts left after the first incisions were made and filled.

Cam Simmons MD ABHRS

Seager Medical Group,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians