Shockloss with FUE?

I am an NW2 and 33 years old and have been doing a lot of research on this forum... Thanks for the advice from so many of you as I have now realized that I am not a candidate for an FUT, even though I had my heart set on it a few months ago. The main concern was potential shockloss of native hairs, and the thought of having worse hair thickness for up to 4 months, or even the remote possibility of native hairs not growing back after shockloss has made me think twice about it. My question to this forum though is whether shockloss is equally likely for an NW2 patient like myself if I was to opt for an FUE HT. I understand the success ratio per follicle is far less with FUE, but the thought of no shockloss to native hairs, and no strip being cut into the back of my head is making me think in this direction. Many thanks in advance for all your help...

There is still shock loss with FUE as the incisions and method are exactly the same as the FUT procedure for the recipient area. The difference occurs in the donor area which does not get a strip removed. So yes you will experience some sort of shock loss but if the hairs that are present are healthy they should grow back, but the unhealthy miniaturized hairs may not survive.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I think what you are reffering to is called "capping" which can occur with FUE and what makes it less efficient compared to the FUT strip method. If that occurs than the follicle cannot be used.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians