In between two great surgeons for repair (Pls Advice)

PRINCE

Who do you recommened for a strip repair HT surgery?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im in between these two surgeons: Dr Rahal and Dr Ron Shapiro (SMG) for a repair job of 2500 grafts. I'm staying in London at the moment, which means Minnesota USA and Ottawa Canada are almost same to me.

I know they are both great choices, but who would be your choice if you were in my shoes...

Both are great choices, actually they are my favourite including H&W. IMO with looking at the post OP pics and hairline designs and satisfying denisty along with the lateral slit technique and tri-closure. I will go with Rahal. All respect to SMG..

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Im sure you will be fine with both doctors....Dr Rahal is a fantastic surgeon, but having undergone a repair with Dr Ron Shapiro and been ecstatic with the outcome...he gets my vote

Again respect to Rahal

bn:)

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Pricewise, they would be within a few dollars of each other. This is the toughest call I could ever make!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Its a tough decision but since you have narrowed it down to 2 great doctors your be fine whoever you choose.

Both are great choices, actually they are my favourite including H&W. IMO with looking at the post OP pics and hairline designs and satisfying denisty along with the lateral slit technique and tri-closure. I will go with Rahal. All respect to SMG..

Harari you research is paying off.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Tough one...

Since both doctors command such outstanding reputations, if I were in your shoes, I would consider other variables such as price, availability, distance and overall accessibility to the doctors.

Also, I would ask myself, what is the one thing each of these doctors is most well known for? My impression from what I gather on the forums is that posters are always praising Rahal's hairline work as well as his mega-sessions; whereas posters are always applauding Shapiro's dense packing prowess as well as his refined hairlines. So what is most important for your hair situation?

At this point, I would ask myself:

Which one is easier to get on the phone when I need something?

Which one has the most accessible patient educators or assistants if I have any immediate concerns?

What is the price difference? If I'm not mistaken, Canada has something like a 12% sales tax on all medical procedures. However, maybe Rahal charges less than SMG so it balances itself out (I don't know the rates).

Which one compensates best for travel expenses?

Do you plan on spending a little time recuperating before flying back to London? If so, what sounds more appealing, Ottawa and Minneapolis.

Who is available soonest? That is, of course, if you're eager to get it done like I was.

It's really a tough call. At this point, it's not really about which one is better, but more about personal preference and other soft variables. I took all such variables into consideration before choosing. I can't tell you how happy I was taking a taxi to and from my apartment to my procedure. Also, I can stop by and visit my doc at my leisure. I hope this helps.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Rahal's hairline work as well as his mega-sessions; whereas posters are always applauding Shapiro's dense packing prowess as well as his refined hairlines

People also praise Dr. Rahal dense packing as well and hairlines.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I agree with Lorenzo. Dr. Rahal is the closest surgeon i have seen to H&W, same techniques (lateral slit), mega session, dense packing and tri-closure. Also video postings available for clarity. Try to compare both clinic results and you will see very satisfying results. Also consultant availble all the time upon calling and both has very good customer service like Adrian and Joe.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]