Advice: What can I do prior to HT to optimize results?

I am about to schedule a HT procedure in about 3 weeks and I want the best possible result.

I do not care what I have to do. I do not care if it is an old wife's tale let me know anything such as: massaging, pills, herbs or standing on my head :) I am willing to do anything I can to optimize my result.

I have heard of scalp massaging does anyone have a link or explain the best way to do it?

HT #1 Unknown Butcher (1998)

Total about 1500

-------------------------------------------------------------

HT #2 Dr. Alexander (2011)

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

Its hard to say without seeing any pictures. In my experience you can do stretching exercises to losen your donor. This will also the doctor to take more grafts in most situations and allow less tension in the donor. Other than that you should consider taking meds that can help either stop or slow hairloss in the future.

I understand that if you wear a Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers jersey it will also help you have a winning result.;)

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Yeah, the packers are going to be good for a long time. May be a dynasty in the making.

A few docs have told me about scalp exercises but were not specific at all. Does anyone have detailed instructions to loosen the donor optimally.

I will do it an hour a day if I think it will help.

Thanks for the email Lorenzo!

Total about 1500

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

TroyPolamalu79,

The following thread by Jotronic will explain:

Scalp Exercises, the new video...

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Is Jotronic like the Jared of HT :) I hear about him all the time now...

Total about 1500

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

Hello Troy, I will share my personal preparations before my HT; feel free to criticize/adopt any suggestions I make. Discontinue any Omega3 fish oils, curcumin,resveratrol or any blood thinning agent you are using at least one week before surgery to avoid excessive bleeding. Start taking a good natural(non-synthetic) multiple-vitamin and MINERAL supplement immediately to Marshall your body's innate healing abilities going into your HT. the minerals are very important to your healing processes (like copper and zinc). back off extra vitamin E one week prior as well (bleeding issues with too much vit E). Vit C helps with shock and trauma, good for fighting infection post-op as well. Take the homeopathic remedy called ARNICA MONTANA 3 days prior to your HT to help reduce swelling/bruising (believe me, you'll need it!). Continue with it until your swelling dissipates.

Post-op is when you want to really strengthen your healing powers; continue your multiple-vitamin, C &

E, start taking Omega 3 fish oils at this time (helps get your blood supply to your scalp by thinning and

oxidizing your blood).

Eat plenty of protein and healthy fats (like nuts) so your body can heal itself. Drink lots of water, stay hydrated.

And best wishes to you!

Troy,

I like everything on your list from MSM down. I don't know enough about the pharmaceuticals to give an intelligent, informed opinion and will defer to those who use these products.

I am glad to hear your mother is doing well after her chemotherapy ...why were the Omega3's given to her?

Troy, I would add that you want to reduce inflammation as much as possible after your HT to hasten your healing and reduce your discomfort and itching (both inflammatory responses to trauma). Curcumin,resveratrol and the amino acid CARNOSINE are powerful anti-inflammatory agents that I utilized post HT. CO q-10 does wonders for cellular energy mobilization as well, obviously helpful when healing.

How old are you sir? If in your twenties, thirties, forties your hormonal levels should support your healing processes nicely.

I am not sure why they gave her the ULTRA Quality omega but I just read it helps the response to cancer treatment but I thought it helped in the recovery process. I am 31 and very healthy.

Can you confirm this is your recommended HT regiment.

Pre-Op

-No Omega 3

-No Vitamin E

-No blood thinner

-(non-synthetic) multiple-vitamin and MINERAL supplement

-Vitamin C

- ARNICA MONTANA 3 days prior

Post-0p

-Vitamin C

-Vitamin E

-Omega 3

-Multi Vitamin

-Protein

-Curcumin

-Resveratrol

-CARNOSINE

-CO q-10

Is there any other pills you think I could add to my preventative hair loss? Besides these –MSM -Biotin-Nettle-Pygeum Aficanum-Horsetail Grass-Saw Palmetto.

Should I add HGH?

Total about 1500

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

Troy, I like your style! If you are prepared to invest $10,000 in a HT, why not invest an additional $200 in nutriceuticals to ensure maximum positive results from your HT procedure? You, my friend, get it!

To clarify - take whatever Vit E is in your multi-vitamin, but no more, BEFORE the HT. Afterwards, supplement with 200 mg or so in addition to your multi vite.

PRE-OP & POST-OP- Take vit C, whey protein, Carnosine, and HEALTHY fats (like nuts).

I forgot to mention a juice I have taken for 5 years now: GOJI juice. Get a high quality, potent juice from YOUNG LIVING.com. Too many benefits to mention, but drink 2 ounces a day, AM & PM, before & after HT, for the rest of your life! Helps keep your hormones balanced and optimized for your age (amongst other amazing health benefits, like enhanced healing powers).

Regarding HGH supplementation, at your age your levels are fine for everyday living. However, for this procedure, you might consider purchasing HGH secretagogues to boost your pituitary gland's output of HGH naturally. An excellent brand is AGELESS & is available at Vitamin Shoppe.com if there isn't a store in your area. I would start taking it immediately and continue until you are satisfied with your HT progress. I know a lot of guys at my gym take HGH secretagogues (as do I) and they are gaining muscle mass and stripping abdominal fat away as well. Secretagogues contain stacks of amino acids and vits that stimulate your pituitary to produce enhanced levels of endogenous HGH while you sleep, which is the body's natural production cycle. If you do go this route, I can give you some awesome tips to maximize your benefits from utilizing these secretagogues. I know from my own personal HT experience that increased levels of HGH definitely improve both the quality and speed of your recovery from this procedure. If you do utilize these secretagogues, the first thing you will notice is that your hair and nails start growing RAPIDLY...and your sleep will improve, which leads to even more HGH production (since that's when most of your body's natural production of HGH occurs).

PLEASE do your own research regarding the nutriceuticals I am mentioning & make your own best decisions for yourself. These are POWERFUL natural supplements and I have benefitted immensely from taking them, but again I wish to stress that these are MY RESULTS, and every individual is unique.

I am totally am going to take and do anything to get the best out of my HT because this is my new look for life and a big investment that I should protect. If I can help along a good result into a great result it will totally worth it and at the very least I can tell myself I legitimately did everything I could.

I am totally sold on the HGH. I too have been working out religiously for 17 years, have sleeping problems and would like the hair and other benefits. I actually was talking to my father who is 58 and mentioned he should take it. He is starting to listen to Pink and Lady Gaga so I think is testosterone levels are way to low :)

Would there be any issues with me taking HGH at a younger at of 31. I also already eat a ton of protein and hardly any carbos for weightlifting. I am getting into tip top shape for the procedure and even lost 20 pounds this last month.

Please give me tips on how to use HGH for my HT and for LIFTING :)

I have always been into supplements but for lifting and I think those are much riskier than the ones you mentioned that are basically unique vitamins so I do not see very much risk especially since there is no overlap and many weight lifting aids seam to have many heart risks.

So how did your HT turn out?

I get my supplements at Nutrition Express. I think they are the best deal for anything. Have you bought from there?

Total about 1500

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

Howdy Troy, no I do not buy from Nutrition Express but if u like their products then see if they have a HGH secretagogue with a "somatostatin inhibitor" in the formula; this will short circuit the feedback loop that shut downs HGH production by the pituitary gland after HGH is released. HGH secretagogues is how i would address your HGH needs at your age. I feel injections would be unnecessary for you. Boost your own endogenous production instead using secretagogues cos they DO WORK! (at a fraction of the cost).

My results so far have been awesome & I am chronicalling them in this forum under "Members experience using HGH with a HT". Very informative IMO.

Sorry your Dad is listening to Pink & Gag-a...sounds like a mid-life crisis, not low-T (tho I believe low_T triggers midlife crisis in men, along with lower hormonal levels as a whole).

I would now avoid any weight lifting supplements that might be cardiovascular risks as u don't need high BP going into your HT, Troy.

Who is doing your HT and where do you live, my friend?

I stopped taking weight lifting supplements a few years ago. They made get me more pumped and a little more ripped but many are not something you want to be on for a long time so it is not good to take for the long haul. I used to even take 7 pills off Ephedrine when I played football and I think just one can kill you when your very young.

The only things I do to aid in my weight lifting is drinking only water, protein shakes and recovery drinks. I think just getting your butt in there at least 4 times a week as a lifestyle is the way to go.

I don't know I just am not seeing a man with with extra testosterone listening to teenage girl music haha.

The HGH sounds great but very powerful. Should I just take it everyday or do you need to cycle it or something?

I live in MI and am having my HT by Dr. Alexander because I basically thought he was the best choice for me so I am willing to take a little vacation to see him.

Total about 1500

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

Cool deal, where is Dr. Alexander located?

Regarding cycling the HGH, take one packet at bedtime on an EMPTY stomach with 1 mg. melatonin (to aid in sleep), take one packet immediately upon arising (on on empty stomach). Do this for 5 days, then take two days off. Take for 6 weeks with 2 days off each week, then cycle off for TWO FULL WEEKS. This resting phase is VERY IMPORTANT. Then begin your on cycle again. If you begin your ON cycle now, you will have three weeks under your belt BEFORE your HT and three weeks AFTER your HT before your resting phase. You should see excellent results with your healing (and in the gym when you start working out again).

Hope this helps!

GotHairInFront is the godfather of post HT supplements and I have done my share of research and you not only can but should be taking multivitamins and protein. I have an arsonal of vitains and minerals all ready to start taking an hour after surgery. Email me and you can see the whole list. It is all safe and very cheap especially since you invested do much into your HT.

I am not exactly sure the effect of lifting on the scar but I would just take a month of high rep low weight and not strain or even better just do extra cardio and cut some fat. You can always gain muscle but you can't go back and fix your scar or maximize your HT results after its over.

I have a trainer and usually you do not need to lift weight twice a day unless you REALLY know what you are doing.

I lift and do cardio in the morning and at night I go again and do cardio and 3 to 4 ab exercised. I am pretty sure that is all you need to do unless your a body builder. You have to make sure you have enough time to recover

Total about 1500

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

hey Troypolamalu79,

thanks for all that useful information! since I had my HT about a month ago, I never really go out or see my friends and everyday seeing myself in the mirror makes me very depressing. Even before I had hair loss my self-esteem was very low. i noticed that after going to the gym I have more confidence and feel good about myself so I decided to go twice a day. Even when I lift weights I still wore a hat. With the hat on and all the sweat and heat trap inside does it effect hair growth? Also when I feel the back of my head where the scar is. it feels bumpy. it feels a little higher than my scalp. is this normal? or is it because I'm lifting too much weight.

I think you are feeling and doing what is normal for many who have HT. I plan on not going out for about a month because I do not want my goofball friends giving me a noogie, idiot fighting me or a girl getting a little rough with the dew.

I see you received your HT from Hasson and from what I read he is definitely one of the best there is. When I chose I was willing to go anywhere in the USA but did not feel like going to another country.

I have been depressed about my hair since I can remember. This the time you are GOING TO IMPROVE and probably have better hair than your friends. You should enjoy it. I know I will. I am stoked!

I was never really depressed because frankly I really had no reason to be but do have anxiety issue so I too work out alot and wear a bandana every time. I even wear it when I am home alone. Its weird it is kind of my escape of think about my hair. I will probably still wear a bandana long after my HT out of habit.

Hairloss due to wearing a hat is an old wives tale. I think it is just a cause and effect relationship because guys losing their hair where hats all the time. Male pattern baldness is from DHT. I guarantee Tom Crusie could have a hat stapled to his head and it would not effect anything.

I feel you on the scar. I admit it is something that I really wish I did not have but mine is HUGE from 11 years ago and will be MUCH better after this HT. My scar is very bumpy and lifted off my scalp but I was butchered and nowadays good HT doctors like yours give you "good" scars that will heal up nicely.

I think you are getting a little paroid and getting a little buyers remorse which I too had.

The only thing you can do now to help is take some great vitamins and minerals. I have a list and a website and you can buy 3 months worth for like $70 and many will have a double effect on your weight lifting.

Its a very stressful time especially if it is your first HT but try to relax :) I will be right with you in 2 weeks and I have my arsenol of recovery vitamins, mineral and herbals waiting.

Total about 1500

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

I got my hair transplant at Hasson and Wong. it was Dr. Jerry Wong that did my transplant. I hope he is as good at Dr. Hasson. This is actually my second HT. My first one is also done with Dr.Wong which I had done 3 years ago. The reason I did my second one was because on my first Hair transplant I got 3000+ grafts done around the front of my head except at the middle front of my forehead because there was still hair there. After those hair shedded it never grow back like it was suppose too. Those were thick and strong hair too. I have talk to Dr.wong about it. He said that has never occurred before. Also after one year or so after my first transplant, I stopped using propecia. I thought once hair is stopped from shedding it would be gone for good. I didn't know you were suppose to kept renewing propecia. Because of that there is a big bald spot on the crown.

really? can we actually have better hair than a person who has not experience hair loss?|

what vitamins and minerals you recommend. is it available in pharmacy in Canada? I don't feel too comfortable about ordering pills online.

Your hairloss must have been quick because you made a rookie mistake. Once you start Propeicia you need to take it for life or I believe you will lose it all as if you never took it. I started taking Propecia when I was 18! I has stopped or really slowed my loss but I had already lost alot by 17.

Also, if you get a precription of Proscar your can divide it 4 ways and it is exactly the same as Propecia but costs like $4/month.

Your hair will never be close to someone who has not lost his hair but it can have have the look of a full head of hair if you get a good Doc like you did.

Many say you need the big three to keep your hair:

-Finesteride (Propecia/Proscar)

-Minoxidil (Rogaine)

-Nizoral Shampoo ($10 Walmart)

So its less than $10 a month!

I have been ordering my supplements for ten year from 100% legitimate website that has the best prices. They sell the stuff you would see at GNC but really half the price.

nutritonexpress.com - Yesterday I bought 4 months worth of all my supplements for my HT recovery, Atkins Diet and healthy life for $140! If you take ALL of these I calculated it cost exactly $45/month but I am probably taking alot but I also am working out hard and on atkins.

Everyday Health

-B Complex

-Vitamin C - rosehips

-Multi Vitamin

-Vitamin E - AntiOx, healthy hair, anti ageing, immune function, revent and treat disease, eart disease, cancer, eye disorders, and cognitive decline

-Omega 3

-Fiber

Healthy Hair

-Finasteride

-Saw Palmetto - DHT blocker, 300 mg, urinary disorders, 45% fatty acids, treat acne, help erectile dysfunction. Anti cancer

-Nettle – DHT blocker, 250 mg, vitamins A and C, several key minerals and lipids, growth stimulant, blood flow, healing, diuretic

-Rogaine Foam

-Nizoral

-MSM – Speeds up hair growth,allergies, 2 1500mg daily, provides sulfur, a vital building block of joints, cartilage, skin, hair and nails, and methyl groups, pain, inflammation, increase blood flow, soften scar tissue, anti-inflammatory, Osteoarthritis, snoring, allergies

-Horsetail Grass/Silica,lose weight, treating broken bones, osteoporosis, injuries, skin problems, anti-inflammatory properties, bladder, kidneys and other vital organs. hair and nails, stimulates blood circulation

HEALTHY LIFE

-Selenium - Antioxidant, Cancer

-B5 pantethine - Calcium, cardio, stress, axiety

-Vanadium - muscle recov, cancer

-Chromium

-Biotin (Vitamin B7) – hair growth vitamin, other process

Atkins

-L-glutamine Vitamin D Lifting

-CO q-10 - Antioxidant

Edited by TroyPolamalu79

Total about 1500

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

SteelCurtain43

Oh an if you start worrying or getting depressed about your hair take a look at my pictures and see my 12 year old butchering and you will be happy you are where you are. I will be fixed in 2 weeks though... Thank God!!!

Total about 1500

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

WOW, great post with great nutrients to help your scalp heal after your HT...& prep your head for the shock & awe of a HT.

These same nutrients will keep you living a healthy, happy lifestyle as u ride into the future! NIce job, nice research!

If you buy it at a retail store it costs about $47 but I found it here herbspro.com for $36 including shipping but I have never used them before.

Also, just Google search "UltraMAX Gold" and in the left column click "shopping" this will give you the best deals all over the internet for the product.

Edited by TroyPolamalu79

Total about 1500

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

Yes, Troy did some great price research &I will be ordering the secretagogue online from now on and save$$$. What is your age Once Shaggy? Cos if yer under 50 this is a great route to go, effective and affordable (compared to injectable HGH, which is around $240/mo).