Balding in 20s linked to doubled risk of prostate cancer

gmonasco

Men who go bald in their early 20s have a doubled risk of developing prostate cancer, but those who lose hair in their 30s and 40s apparently are not at greater risk, French researchers have reported. The findings suggest that men who lose their hair very early in life might benefit from increased screening.

http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-bald-prostate-02162011,0,4374932.story

Sounds like another reason to be on finsasteride, i wonder if premature hair loss isn't the body's way of alerting the system that the prostate needs to be monitored for excess DHT.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Sounds like another reason to be on finsasteride, i wonder if premature hair loss isn't the body's way of alerting the system that the prostate needs to be monitored for excess DHT.

In my country there are quite some men that are bald and in their ?90s, some of them were bald in their teens. They are all caucasian. I personally do not believe in this stories. Yet, a yearly complete systematic examinations should be administered by all people, not related to sex, age or mentioned prostate cancer.