3876 grafts by Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich

Vincent

Hi all,

I just had 3876 grafts by Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich yesterday and everything seems good so far. I am yet to setup my blog as I am on an iPhone and haven't got the pictures from Dr Path yet.

Dr Path and his team are very professional and the good doctor even gives you a call on the night to check up on how you are doing. Going to get the stitches removed next Monday before I take a flight home.

Couldn't be happier so far as the good doctor managed to get close to the 4000 grafts I was after. Breakdown of the grafts as follows.

1 hair - 394

2 hair - 2494

3 hair - 888

4 hair - 100

Total 8446 hairs.

Surprised I had so many 3 and 4 hair grafts as I am of Chinese background. I was able to get full coverage front to back (I am a Norwood VA). Dr Path even woke me up to say he has enough grafts left over to lower the hairline I originally wanted aswell.

Will create my blog when I have proper Internet connection.

Also a tip to anyone with a big head like me. Go get a bandana and not a cap as the cap did not fit over my big head and I looked very weird ;-)

Congratulations! I've seen a lot of great work come from Path. Be sure to post plenty of pictures. Remember to stay patient with the results. I'm four months out and I'm just starting to get significant growth. I look forward to following your progress.

corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Hi Vincent,

I will cross my fingers for you. Just a couple of things if you go out in the sunshine and wear a baseball cap make sure that the little pointy metal part on top doesn't touch your grafts.

I ended up using an umbrella. Take it easy for a couple of days until you recover.

Regards

Rod

That is a very good hair per graft average. You should have nice density with that and the medium/coarse asian type hair. Kudos for selecting an amazing surgeon. Now comes the hard part....WAITING ;).

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks guys.

Rod, I had the baseball cap undone at the back and just sitting on the headband so you can imagine how funny I looked. My fianc? managed to find me a black sushi chef looking bandana so I am wearing that right now.

I am just staying inside shopping centres for the rest of the time here. Will have to wait till next time before I can explore Thailand.

Had no swelling what so ever so the Dr removed the head band . The stitching is incredibly neat also!!!

Managed to upload some pictures.

Outside DHT Clinic:

7c0f7b22.jpg

Dr Path's Golden hair folicle award:

6d2819f3.jpg

Pre-op pictures. DS Labs Spectral DNC-L 5% Minoxidil for about 5 months+ (other non medicated lotions prior) and 1mg Propecia for 2.5 months. It definately made a difference as it halted further hair loss and lost hair was coming back but not at a rate deemed sufficient.

8df91644.jpg

a4f58c05.jpg

9fcb7f1a.jpg

After shot:

8a09abee.jpg

357c65a5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Vincent,

When logged into the forum, look for "Your Info" in the upper right of the page. Click on that and look for "Edit Signature". You can then add your link to your signature.

Hope this helps!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Vincent,

When logged into the forum, look for "Your Info" in the upper right of the page. Click on that and look for "Edit Signature". You can then add your link to your signature.

Hope this helps!

Thanks mate, found it.

That's gonna look great...congrats!

Thanks hairthere. Your HT looks like it's growing out quite nicely!!!

O no, the inevitable shed has begun I think. Day 15 and this morning whilst washing my hair I counted the loss of around 25 hairs from the back and sides. So I think this may be the start of shockloss from the donor area. The top recipient area I lost about 5 hairs. Looks like a hair breakage and no root on it.

I wash my hair very regularly (2 times a day) as my hair and scalp is rather oily naturally. Post op day 1 morning I ran my fingers along my new hairline and there is a thick layer of oil coming off (Sorry to gross you out, but this may have been due to the newly planted grafts and only leaving the clinic to wash may hair a day later). Should I be washing only 1 time a day or even washing once every 2 days?

Thanks.

Edited by Vincent

Vincent, at this point you need to be keeping your head clean, so I don't think it matters if you wash once or twice a day. Your grafts are planted underneath in a resting phase and will start to grow in a few months time.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 1 month later...

Vincent,

Thanks for taking the time to update us on your progress. At this point you are only now approaching the growing stage. As you stated, try no to look in the mirror too often. Good things are on the horizon.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

4 months and 1 week update. What do you all think so far? Does it look like it's on track?

To me it looks like it just isn't dense enough to be able to style even when it grows out. But of course I know it's still early. Just can't help seeing some others results at 6 months and looks alot better.

Should I be seeing a sprout soon?

Thanks all.