One side faster? Density? 7.5 months results

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have growth that came in (or appeared) much thicker on one side vs. the other? I was a Norwood 2 with recession at the temples and some thinning in the frontal hairline. I am almost at 8 months and the right side of my head side seems much thicker. FYI, I had just under 2300 grafts in my temple area and creeping in behind to compensate for the possibility of future loss. Seems like too many variables to know if this is normal or not. For example, was the native hair that was thinning even more thin now and thus the new hair does not look as thick as a result? Also, I had 2 techs working on each side and meeting in the middle. Is it possible the one on the right packed the grafts more densely? They appeared about the same right after. I will enclose some photos of my frontal hairline, right and left temples. Curious to see your thoughts about how this may fill in, opinions on possible additional growth and if any of you have experienced one side coming in faster. Also, for those of you past 1 year, did months 8-12 feel significant in regards to density/thickening/lengthening?

IMG_4979.jpg.397ee46e43f2af3df0f30780a4509698.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg.529f811d866413a17c313a45b114bf9f.jpg

5b32cc9fd47bc_IMG_4975copy.jpg.ad8645e6e475307bc304cdb5840529f0.jpg

I am 9 months out and my left temple point has had more growth then the right. I do feel tiny hairs still popping through on both sides though. This is common has has happened to me before. Perhaps blood flow is better on one side than the other? All I know is that it has all caught up in the end. Just give it a full 12 months.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I'd guess that of the people that we do that show up for a 6 month scar check...which is maybe 40% of our cases...that there is a significant difference in growth between the left and right sides in maybe 1 in 4 people. Just a guess.

It typically is all "evened" out as far as growth by the 1 year check although on occasion it lasts a bit longer. One of my patients who posted his results, a blonde fellow from North Carolina, DEFINITELY had that at the mid point check. By his 16 month visit he looked fantastic and had even growth, except for losing hair posterior to where we worked.

And it doesn't seem to be placer-dependent. Sometimes its the right side, sometimes the left.

Fortunately it almost always works itself out.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Denvergrowth,

In my 1st HT, I made the horrible mistake of going to Bosley (I know, total rookie mistake!), and I absolutely had far better growth on one side than the other. In addition to poor yield, few if any doubles and triples coming in (after techs told me they had never seen so many "multiples"), I had poor growth on the left side of my head. When I saw other docs (recommended by this site), the consensus was that there was a "technical problem" of some sort at Bosley. So I had to "waste" much of my 2nd HT to address the imbalance instead of addressing Bosley's hack job. But all is much better thanks to one of the sugeons widely recommended on this site....

In terms of what the issue is, no way to tell. Was it because of the tech working that side of my scalp and not placing the grafts well? Or were the grafts that were placed on the left side on my head cut and prepped differently? All mysteries and will forever remain such unfortunately. Another Bosley victim here....

BotchedatBosley

It wasn't the Denver office, so maybe you are lucky. I wish you well with your work.

To me, it wasn't just the poor yield, which would have been bad enough. I believe Bosley was entirely unethical in a variety of ways. Most importantly, my office insisted that my result was a "good" result. In fact, they did their best to rush me back into the chair for a 2nd HT based on this assessment. But after 1st HT, I had discovered this site and the fact that there was significantly better options available (oh how I wish I had before 1st HT!). ONLY when I went back to Bosley with the fact that three leading HT surgeons had agreed that my final yield was poor (the second and third w/o ever knowing Bosley did the original work) did my surgeon finally concede--and reluctantly--that the final result was less than hoped. Of course, Bosley quickly offered to "gift" me nonappearing follicles if I had a 2nd HT with them. Yeah, like I'd again trust my now even more limited donor follicles to THAT crew after they fumbled and lost several hundred on me the first time.

The Bosley folks--and I've spoken with many about my experience at this point--truly have a persecution complex. They clearly believe that leading HT surgeons "hate" Bosley because "we are the market leader." Interestingly, not one other HT surgeon with whom I've consulted ever made a critical comment about Bosely. All their comments were limited to the outcome of my HT specifically.

Thanks for the quick response and sorry to hear Bosley gave you the "there's ONE born every minute...and TWO to take him" approach to your poor outcome. How long ago was your botched HT performed? And what city? And I'm unclear if you've had a subsequent HT done yet?

My original HT was performed in 2009. I have had my 2nd HT. I'm now in the growing season and growth is terrific. I'm so relieved. Although I had suspected that Bosley botched my original HT based on my outcome when I saw how unbalanced the growth was (little on left side of head) at the end of 12 months, I did wonder whether I was just a poor responder or something (in other words, I still was willing to cut Bosley some slack, even after their laughable "good outcome" assessment). Seeing the results of my 2nd HT have absolutely confirmed for me that Bosley was the problem.