Photos to follow

ukpaitent

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Guys

It means lot to have the encouragment as going through the whole process can at times feel you are on your own. I am 1 month post op today so will be posting pics over the weekend. It seems that i still have alot of the grafts left ( i would say about 70% left) but perhaps these may well shed over the next few weeks. Anyone know if there is a time limit when its safe to say that if the grafts are still in place then they will not shed???

Ukpatient.

Thanks for the update. To be sure about the shedding you should be sure to wash your hair vigorously. If you are being very careful with your grafts you should know that they are firmly seated and cannot come out at this point so vigorous washing is not only good but recommended. I'm not talking about digging in with your fingernails but rather the pads of your fingers. Work the scalp by applying pressure with the pads of your fingers back and forth. Any hairs that should shed will shed and the recovery can continue.

If any grafts don't shed by two months they probably won't and will just sit there and most likely start to grow. This is rare though as most patients shed most of the hair that was transplanted and you won't see signs of new growth for another few months.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Ukpatient.

Thanks for the update. To be sure about the shedding you should be sure to wash your hair vigorously. If you are being very careful with your grafts you should know that they are firmly seated and cannot come out at this point so vigorous washing is not only good but recommended. I'm not talking about digging in with your fingernails but rather the pads of your fingers. Work the scalp by applying pressure with the pads of your fingers back and forth. Any hairs that should shed will shed and the recovery can continue.

If any grafts don't shed by two months they probably won't and will just sit there and most likely start to grow. This is rare though as most patients shed most of the hair that was transplanted and you won't see signs of new growth for another few months.

Hey

Thanks for info. Yes i am treating my hair as i normally would by washing it in that manner. I am now just getting on with life and not really thinking about my HT and will give it some more though at around the 5 month mark where hopefully i will see some improvement. Having buzzed it down and seeing the outline of the hairline etc i looking to keep it short as i love this style on me but havent been able to pull it off due to my receding hairline before HT so happy days ahead!!!