scared of starting finasteride

byron

hi im nearly 27 got goodish head of hair however when i lift the mirror up high onto another mirror i notice it is getting thin at the front and i dont want to end up with a balding front... thhe other areas are great and thick

i did use monox solution but switched to rogaine foam and it doesnt irritate me at all

but this finasteride that people recommend does scare the hell out of me, maybe the slight thinning im having is the shedding phase from the minoxidil but i certainly do not want to have another shedding phase on top of the monox shedding....

im really confused.. i have the finasteride here

im worried about bad shedding
\

As you should be.

Conventional wisdom has it that when Propecia really kicks in and starts to work, you will see some shedding. The idea is that these hairs will come back thicker and stronger.

So basically, if it works for you, your hair will get worse (thinner) before it gets better.

Many guys start Propecia and then panic when the shed starts. They stop the drug and for a while, are worse off than when they started. There are reports that for some of these guys, the hair never comes back.

As for sides: there is a growing body of evidence that people experiencing sides are a lot higher than the drug company's claims. And that for some, the sides are perm. even after stopping the drug.

Then again, others have great results with no sides and no real issues.

I think its a real crap shoot. You roll the dice and take your chances.

Know what you're getting in to and then make the call. Don't believe its risk free and you can "just stop taking it" and things will be fine. That's true in some cases, but not in all.

Hal

What are you worried about? If you experience any of the side effects just stop taking it and they will subside.

With due respect, this is really irresponsible advice. There have been myriad cases in which the effects did not subside.

Just recently, there was a slew of reports indicating that Propecia's sexual side effects may be both far underreported and permanent.

Go to google news and type in finasteride. See what you get.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

wow shadow..you are scaring the poor guy.

byron... I suggest you not to worry about bad shedding. continue using the medicine you should get it all back . Considering your age,and level of balding you should see more growth on top of it. Worst case you will continue to have what you have.

Other side effects if at all you have will be temporary. very rare you will see permanent side effects.

I used it for 6 years. side effects are gone after few months after i stopped using it. If you see side effects talk to your doctor. Also consider using at 0.5mg per day or 3 times a week if you are worried