Urgent - All...!!! - Planning to do a HT without shaving hairs tomorrow- Plz give ur feedback

Dear all and Bill,

I have scheduled my HT with Dr. Madhu on 5th Feb 2010. When I enquired the option of having the HT done without shaving my head, the assistant dr of Madhu promised me that I will get the same results as that of doing it with the hairs removed. They charge a little over the normal amount for this which I can afford.

Now my question is, will the results be the same if I did the HT without shaving my head? How will I ensure my HT is a successful one??? Is there any drawback in doing the HT without shaving my head except for the difficulties in implanting the grafts, which the doctor promised to take care as they are efficient in doing that.

Note: I am in the transition from NW2-3 and my age is 25 in the month of may.

I am looking for this option as I have got some important interviews scheduled and some family functions in couple of weeks. I am travelling in another 12 hrs and hence require the feedback as soon as possible. I appreciate all your feedbacks.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ram,

I think its better to go shaving the head, since there is an effect of shockloss on ur existing hairs.When the HT procedure is done, existing hairs might go into trauma and there are chances of falling.

Shaving the head is a much better option.

Dear all,

I spoke to the doctor regarding the shockloss and he says it is common even for the HT done with hairs shaved. I'm a bit confused here... I will talk to Dr.Madhu regarding this and double check before going for the procedure.

Any talks/articles/any form of evidence confirming the loss of native hairs for the above case are welcome.

Thanks

To be honest I have never heard that shaving the receipt can prevent shock loss nor do I see how this is possible, unless it's due to the fact that the doctor has a clearer view and can place the grafts further away from the native hair and reduce the risk of transection when making the slits?

My understanding of the reason for shaving the receipt is that it makes the work a whole lot easier and therefore faster. There are also other benefits to shaving such as it's easier to see the angle of the native hair so the doctor has a better chance of mimicking this and it will be easier to see the 1,2,3 and 4 hair groupings so the doctor and techs will know the optimal areas to place each graft.

maxxy is correct, the risk of not shaving has more to do with transection, not shockloss. most docs who say they can perform an ht without shaving mean for cases under 3k. non-shaving adds more time because it obstructs their view.

there are several threads on this forum regarding this subject, just do a search. i'd say if your doc feels confident he can pull off a great result without shaving and you don't want to shave, then go for it. if you're at all hesitant, then shave; it will only make it easier for him.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

dds more time because it obstructs their view.

there are several threads on this forum

Thanks a lot for all of your timely feed backs.

I am starting in another 6 hours. Will confirm things with the doctor for achieving better results. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again.