Poor Scheduling Experience with Dr. Umar's clinic

jayc

jayc, Many patients feel indebted to their HT docs and a certain loyalty kicks in on these forums. I admittedly feel compelled to often defend Dr. Feller, and it's purely because I had such a great experience with him and I know the kind of work he does and the care he and his staff give. I have never been offered a dime from Dr. F for posting in his defense. I suspect that's what you're seeing from Dr. Umar's patients.

Regarding your scheduling dilemma: I agree that a little more sympathy from the doc would have been appropriate as it does sound like a major inconvenience for you. It can also be disheartening when you get yourself all psyched up for a procedure like this only to be let down. I hope everything works out for you in the future and you find a great doc to do your surgery.

You answered for me Hairthere. I will no longer respond to the Doc. I do wish him luck in finding another doc. Time to move one.

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atticus,

I've had to remove your link to Dr. Umar's site as it conflicts with our terms of service. However, I do encourage you to create a photo album and/or Hair Restoration Website in order to share your results with this community..

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Atticus,

I've had to remove your link to Dr. Umar's site as it conflicts with our terms of service. However, I do encourage you to create a photo album and/or Hair Restoration Website in order to share your results with this community..

All the best,

I understand, sorry about that, I was not aware it violated TOS. I did have a photo album before, but I understand there have been changes/improvements to the website. I would like to post some updated newer pix to share.

Thanks so much,

Atticus

Edited by Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

A direct link to Umar's website? If that isn't advertising I'm not sure what to call it.

Atticus - how did you manage to get 1/6 of your grafts for free. 100 of the 600 single nape hairs?

Hey guys,

Just a friendly reminder to keep things civil! Let's try to refrain from personal attacks and focus on the issue at hand. :)

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

In my opinion this thread has ran it course. The original purpose was discussed debated and actually came with a proper understanding. I look at this as a misunderstanding that probaly came up with a proper outcome.

I feel Jayc never ever questioned Dr. Umar ability, if fact he picked him as his first choice for surgery. So I dont believe no damage was done.Therefore his ability was never questioned. I just realized that Dr. Umar is not recommended? I am curious why no?

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Lorenzo,

If you care to know regarding Umar's recommendation by this forum, search it. There is a post on this very topic. An update of which can be found on secondtime's forum topic " Dr. Umar Procedure 4000 grafts FUE Nape Hair." (Secondtime you seem to have a nice result by the way).

A few questions were raised it appears initially by Dr. Feller, and then by the publishers - Pat and Bill - which went unanswered. It is an interesting forum. One of the questions was regarding the rate of success of BHT. In 2008, it appears Dr. Umar had 150 BHT cases. These questons it appears went unanswered. Maybe Bill can let us know if there is an update.

Lorenzo -

Yes, I chose Umar for perceived ability in hair transplant repair. However, I differ on your opinion that no damage was done. If there was no damage, I would not be posting. Changing my scheduling, placing personal things into my schedule and then cancelling me at the last minute cost me my time which results in loss of income for me. The outcome was not proper.

Good luck to you

Edited by lorenzo

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

lorenzo, as consumers we often look for places to vent when a service falls short, and that's what I think jayc is doing. This was a very pricey procedure that he took time off of work for. I would be equally peeved if I were in his shoes.

Also, I think it's irrelevant if jayc is a doctor or not--he is posting his experience as a patient.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

hairthere you are right so I got rid of my post. I wish him luck in the future.