Planning Strip Hair Transplant at H&Ws...

I've decided to give the rogaine foam a go. I ordered it through amazon -- is there a more cost affective method that you guys know about?

The one major nuisance I foresee other than the daily maintenance is how I'll work around the toppik. I guess I'll shower in the morning, apply the rogaine and then the toppik. Then apply the rogaine again at night with the toppik in? I don't want to shower multiple times a day, but then again, would the toppik block the minoxidl from reaching my scalp?

This all comes back to not being comfortable around anyone without toppik. I don't want to take the toppik off, especially around the girlfriend. Perhaps this will become unrealistic if I use rogaine twice a day, but I'm hoping I can just apply it over the toppik. Thoughts on how affective that may or may not be?

I'm also fairly certain I won't be combining both. The side effects of propecia, whether medical or simply psychological, was simply not worth the stress.

I don't want to take the toppik off, especially around the girlfriend. Perhaps this will become unrealistic if I use rogaine twice a day, but I'm hoping I can just apply it over the toppik. Thoughts on how affective that may or may not be?

This will probably be a mess. I suggest putting the toppik on in the morning, wash it out at night, and then put on the rogaine before bed (just once a day).

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I think twice a day is most effective, but once a day still generates some effect. Also, I've read many times that when you apply it twice a day for a few years, from then on you can apply it only once and you won't lose all the hairs you've gained with the rogaine.

It is supposed to get on your scalp and as little as possible on the hairs so it's not a good idea to apply it after Toppik.

I find it difficult to get Toppik to stick to the hairs and look good after applying minoxidl and donn't really have a good solution to it if you want to apply twice a day.