Shedding

Reen,

While I do believe it is theoretically possible, the hair shedding phase after a hair transplantation actually allows follicles to shed the current hairs (which may not be in the most optimal state) and (eventually) enter a growth cycle and produce a healthy new hair shaft. I guess what I'm trying to get at is while the awkward phase of the hair transplant (usually around post-operative months 1-4) is definitely frustrating, it's not necessarily a bad thing in the end.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

For my first 700 grafts transplant I'd say half of my implanted hairs did NOT shed and just kept growing. In fact the areas that did not shed at all ended up being the best results after 1 year.

For my second 1000 grafts transplant, more hair shed. Not sure why. But I am 5 months post op now and although there is an improvement, I am not wowwed yet. Back to patiently waiting....