scalp shine

Uk_lad

Is there anything (apart from a concealer) you can use to stop the scalp shinning through thin hair or when you have totally shaved down?

Plus, does anyone know why the scalp shines so much compared to other parts of the body that are hairless?

Tinted powdered makeup like the ladies use will dull the shine & give your scalp a soft look & even mask inperfections.

As to why the scalp outshines the rest of the body is something I never considered.

Maybe its all that blood up there?

First off, some people are oilier than others and are therefore shiny. I am one of them. It looks bad in pictures, and worse when I am the only shiny guy at an event. But that is life and I think (based on dealing with lots of aging faces) that oily skin ages a bit better than dry skin.

Now you can wear a powder to eliminate it. I was recently featured in my bank's commercial on TV. I recall vividly the camera man hollering for the makeup hottie to come put some powder on me; and I do look a lot better in those commericals than in other videos where I didn't have powder.

Almost makes me want to go out and get some powder...almost that is. I can only imagine what a couple of my friends would say if they heard I was wearing makeup.

My advice. Stay shiny.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

2 things ..

the first being I have very oily skin as well. is there anything that can be done to reduce that?

I find if I can reduce the oil my hair won't look so damn thin after only 2 hours of a shower..

the 2nd thing being the reason why our heads look so shiny is probably due to it being the top point of our bodies and light having the fullest glare on it?

Just an opinion

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

• 1 month later...

I solved this problem doing some simple steps:

1) using a normal shampoo that hydrates (with lanolin, for example), and avoiding water's temperature too hot;

2) using just a few of this shampoo and massaging just for some seconds (enough to clean). (keeping any shampoo in my head for more than 30 secs causes allergies)

3) stop over washing hair/head. It will just make your sebaceous glands to produce more new oil. While not absorbed, this new oil in contact with dry scalp makes It shiny.

I noticed that removing less sebum (our natural oil) makes the scalp shining less within 2 or 3 days. For sure this sebum has DHT, but It's important to scalp's health too. Just remove the excess, not completely.

Also, many people think that they have dandruff, while It's just a dry scalp, caused mainly by harsh shampoo, over washing and some topical lotions.

You can also try something like this: http://www.mankind.co.uk/Produ....asp?ProductID=22553