The Media Really TICKS Me Off

Spanker

Ok, doing a little internet surfing and I come accross this artical linked from Fox News front page:

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: Hollywood Stars Going Bald - FoxNews.com

(Maybe someone can also tell me how to post a link to a word...like HERE is the article and click the word HERE and it work...thanks)

Anyway, the tone of the captions of the picks just piss me off. Today, it seems that it is taboo for a someone to see an overweight person: "Hey fatty."

But something like "Hey baldy" is perfectly acceptable today.

Also look at the line above the pics....it says, "Sure, actors can get nips and tucks to fix their bodies, but when it comes to going bald, there's really not much they can do."

Shouldn't you have to know a little something about what you are writing about?

Grrrr.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker, the code you're looking for is this:

{url=http://www.exampleurl.com}Link word.{/url} With the curly brackets replaced with square ones.

I don't think "hey baldy" is any more acceptable than "hey fatty". Both are seen as insulting but neither are exactly taboo or conflicting with political correctness doctrine. It's not uncommon to see idiotic trash articles like this one from Fox featuring stars who have piled on the pounds.

Weird that they have Gavin Rossdale in the slideshow. His hair looks great in the 'after' photo and unchanged from the 'before'. It's obvious that someone clueless and not very observant compiled it.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks Matt.

I prolly took linked two thoughts together....yes the media will point out someone gaining some weight.

On a social level....I could imagine a friend razzing me about blading but friends razzing friends about being fat is far less common. I think on a personal level people are much more sensitive to overweight people`s feelings then bald....that is just my personal experience.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Gavin's always had the V shaped receeded look.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D