Parietal crown postage stamp FUE with growth at 17 weeks by Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

This fellow has had lots of plugs elsewhere. He has pretty decent hair, but was focused on the outlined area, that he sees in the reflection off of windows and in pictures. Due to limited donor hair, a small FUE really has resulted in pretty good coverage on this side, at this 17 week visit to the office. He has a similar spot on the right side that I think we'll deal with next year.

As to the pics...shown are preop, 2.5 weeks, and 17 weeks. No intentional change in photography was meant, but I needed a flash in a couple of the pics as I just couldn't get them in focus without it.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

1.jpg.b9b3367d48a157284aedbda863562411.jpg

2.jpg.307c960a7e4255c1f10e791de5e0e008.jpg

3.jpg.2926ae9d63b8575ce32bc3d953c62acc.jpg

4.jpg.70a89ba34fd55fa1ad11290447b4ba43.jpg

5.jpg.8729ce81d60572a657b01c5fbdb4eded.jpg

6.jpg.28db7b2f98507fcb0366424386f217d9.jpg

7.jpg.e7028e56ce027cb3240f369f65f32ae6.jpg

8.jpg.bed3b9d137b7f2f5c3cd815dc9dc6068.jpg

9.jpg.fd7fa3d112593a15aae2e50e1579bd97.jpg

10.jpg.bd2ab27e2598356998523e35f11023f6.jpg

11.jpg.d7d42a70e8638ec54f6a29a499b717ff.jpg

30.jpg.ea22d85659980164fd58e7f3bbaa8562.jpg

32.jpg.c48d2680dd4be6439503c5ed10e485a0.jpg

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Lindsey,

Thank you for sharing this case with the community. The work looks quite refined! Nicely done.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to take this opportunity the commend Dr. L for mentioning the focus issue with the camera and stating why there was a difference in photography.

This really really impresses me.

I have attached a link to a thread that is not very old of photos that I do NOT consider a good representation of work performed. It may not be the doctors fault as he was not the poster, but it was his clinic. Doc's, I and others should hold you responsible for the type of advertising/results you post on here. I am not saying that the linked results are bad....I can not tell, I am just saying that they are not representative of the work performed.

Good, honest results like the above will get you much more respect. When I see an results thread by a clinic that is intentionally not showing honest results....it really really turns me off. I made a post about the difference of the linked result but no one came back to comment.

Good job Dr. L and congrats for your honest and good results that you post.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158953-before-after-one-procedure-totaling-1818-grafts-dr-wiliam-rassman-nhi.html

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Spanker,

I am very upfront about my limited skills with photography. You may not realize it but hair pics are WAY different than face pics. At the recommendation of numerous bloggers, I had a patient on whom I'd operated, and operated on his wife...help me purchase a nikon d 5000 about 2 years ago. He's a professional photographer, actually an airline pilot whose hobby is, and supplemental income is from photography; help me get the camera. He came to the office, and essentially sat through 2 cases and set the camera for me to use. His last words were: "don't change the buttons". And I haven't but I suspect that were I really a camera buff, rather than an exercise buff, that I could learn the camera and do a better job. Its just that I don't have the time nor interest to really master the camera, which I'm sure will be obsolete just about the time I have it all figured out.

So, its way easier for me to do the best I can with the settings he said to use, and to try to tell folks that if I'm using or not using a flash, its only because that is the best image I could get from the camera. I suspect at some point I'll have professional lighting installed, but that is down the road a bit.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Your shutter speed is slow and that is why it seems a little fuzzy. It does seem like the buttoms were moved. You can go to S mode and increase the shutter speed which means less time of exposure which will mean sharper images on things that are moving even slightly.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Uhhh, what was that Beevis? I'm sure that makes perfect sense to someone who understands a camera. I barely know how to recharge the battery. But I can sew pretty well.

Thanks for all the positive comments recently.

Dr. L

McLean, VA