Day after my first HT by Dr. Dorin

joeyz400

I have been loosing my hair for the last 10 years. Seven years ago I started Propecia and it halted my hair loss but I didn't see any regrowth. I was holding on well for about 3-4 years but when my wife and I wanted to start a family I stopped the Propecia. It started slowly but my hair loss resumed. I was off Propecia for about 2 years and hoped that when I went back on it would grow back..... NO it didn't. I was contemplating a hair transplant for years and finally did it. On 12-8-10 I had my first procedure done in New York City by Dr. Dorian. Last night was rough, once the anesthesia wore off the pain in the donor area was real intense. Today is much better and the top just feels like a sunburn. I will upload pre-op and post-op pictures as soon as possible and keep you guys up to date. Reading and looking around this sight helped me understand what I was going to go though and has really helped. Thanks guys, the journey begins....

Edited by joeyz400
update

2,542 strip with Dr. Dorin on December 8, 2010.

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.

joeyz400,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with world class hair restoration physician and Coalition member, Dr. Robert Dorin!

I'm happy to hear that this community has helped you as along the path to hair restoration and I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we are looking forward to seeing your pre and pos-op pics and following your progress.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You'll be all better in 4 or 5 days. Make good use of the painkillers... god knows I did!

I did my HT with Dr. Dorin too. He gives great follow up care, so if it gets to be too much for you, go back and he'll take care of you.

Grow well.

corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Thanks guys! The pain has subsided and really isn't a problem. I am making the most out of the pain meds ;) they gave me 5 photo sheets with pre and post op pics, i just have to scan them and I will up load them tomorrow. Dr. Dorin was able to safely get 2542 grafts. I am very happy with that number, I didnt know the breakdown to how many single, double and triple graphs yet, I will ask on my next visit. I went to day for my follow up and everything looks good.

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.

Well it is day five and the little swelling I had is totally gone. I think tonight will be the first time I sleep on my back with a couple of pillows, I've been sleeping pretty much sitting up. The best way to describe the sensation on my head, it's like I'm wearing a tight hat. There really isn't any scabbing to the donor site, I have my wife to thank for that. The scabs on top are minimal and I feel the stubbles growing. Can't wait for the crusts to fall off, hopefully before the holidays.

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.

That is a large amount of grafts for that area....

that said, you picked a really good surgeon. Good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

3 weeks, 3 days buzzed with a #3 clip. A lot of shedding has occurred over the past week. I guess I am starting the "ugly duckling" phase. Hopefully the sooner it starts the sooner it is over, just wishful thinking. There is no pain or numbness in the recipient area but a weir sensation when I touch it.

The pic is not good but the is a faint line across the incision, not terrible and remember it is buzzes with a #3. I have a little numbness in the back of my head at the incision about 2 inches long. The donor site feels normal as long as I'm not laying on it.

Jan_1_2011_783.jpg.562d0ebcb56b67a5e4ea1645e8ce7aa7.jpg

Jan_1_2011_1602.jpg.76556bc0ee54f0394eff19daeeaa350e.jpg

Jan_1_2011_2623.jpg.02530c1a9fdcae5d149174262c67f43d.jpg

Jan_1_2011_4777.jpg.8648867f7cd29201ad7c41e28e4b263f.jpg

Jan_1_2011_6419.jpg.c059e003185034fa95f53364d30ec8a6.jpg

Edited by joeyz400

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.