Oily Scalp after Hair Transplant

sshaikh01

I would say my scalp is more oily since being on finasteride.

However the hairs I lose are thick and dark (my hair is naturally lighter brown) so I believe the fin is at least keeping the hair cycle healthy, because I am not seeing miniaturazation of hairs or major hair loss.

Levrais, I am hoping the hairs will grow back as they are not miniaturized as I mention above.

The ones I lose recently all have a large whitish sebum plug attached to the inner white hair bulb.

I think if I could keep those longer in the hair cycle without fallout then my hair would be reasonably thick for my age.

Seems scalp health for those of us originally prone to oily scalp and hairloss is a delicate balance.

My hair, scalp and HT in general was rocking after first using Nizoral, but you have to be really careful not to overuse the stuff.

I am using these 2 shampoos now:

Kerium intensive anti-dandruff treatment shampoo which works great in treating my SD

and the milder Kerium oily dandruff shampoo for more everyday use.

These are dandruff shampoos so my hair is not looking great but the intensive treatment has made my scalp healthier.

Just doesn't seem to be removing the sebum plugs like Nizoral did, because it is less harsh on the scalp.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)