Dr Hasson: 6.5 months - should I be expecting more?

illuminated

Hi

This is a quick 6.5 months update after a 4792 HT.

I'm not very happy at the moment :(

Pre-op:

preop1.jpg

Pre-op 2:

preop2.jpg

6.5 months (wet):

281110-3.jpg

6.5 months (Dry 1):

281110-2.jpg

6.5 months (Dry 2):

281110-1.jpg

Edited by illuminated

i would be pissed if i got that many graphs and at this point in time my hair looked the same/worse as before. I guess you have to wait 12 months but its not looking to promising. Its weird to see a clinic knock it out the park so many times like they have, but also produce results where I would NOT be happy. I've been shocked that they've operated on and used so many graphs on some of the younger patients ive seen on this site.

I wouldn't worry too much. Some seem to have later growth than others. My first I really didn't see the end result until a year and a half with my first at 3500 grafts. My second Ive already seen growth at 3 months with about 3400 grafts. Its odd how the growth can vary but give it some time.

i whouldnt be happy with that either. but wait and see, However at 6.5 months u should be looking much better than before even if 30% growth for was taking place, Sorry to say my honest opinion and not telling u what u whould like to hear, but based on these pics the "after" looks thinner (or worse to be honest) than the before.. Considering u had 4700 grafts a noticable improvement should have occured. Best luck for you and i hope your goals are achieved at 6 months from now.

Do you have any more pre-op photos, or photos from immediately post-op? Considering how many grafts you received I'm sure your pre-op situation must have been much worse than it appears in those photos.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Yes, I am still waiting for Doug from H&W to get back to me.

This is something to consider. I remember you posted pics with globs of hair in your hand and you stated this was happening for quite some time.

Everyone is ancy with their results [myself included] but I would just hang tight for a bit longer & hopefully things take off soon.

Illuminated,

As I understand it, after speaking to Doug, you and he have been in contact as recently as today and this past Friday. Doug told me that he is speaking to Dr. Hasson again today about your case and will respond shortly afterward.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Sorry Joe, to clarify, I am waiting to hear back from Doug for an opinion from Dr Hasson since I reported the shed about 3-4 weeks ago.

For those who asked, here is another pic pre-op just before surgery with the hair styled to show the gaps:

IMG_8126.jpg

And a pic post-surgery:

8321mod.jpg

Indeed, for a graft count like that, the results should be better but bear in mind that u are only at 6.5 months, i feel that there is some added density. Fret not my friend, i believe more HT hair should grow from now on. I am just concerned over the hair that came out when u brushed it.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Hello guys,

I have now received a reply from Dr Hasson via Doug of which the main points are:

1. Shouldn't be concerned or worried.

2. The shed in his opinion is the existing hair and related to my interruption of the proscar. This hair should return after a few months in the resting phase.

3. The transplanted hair is coming in nicely.

4. As far as the result to this point, he is pleased and feels there is a

marked improvement based on the photos I sent earlier in the month.

5. He would like me to continue to shampoo normally and give the scalp a

good massage daily when washing my hair.

6. Keep them posted and update them in 2-4 months and let or if there are any significant changes before then.

I think something else that needs to be pointed out in this case is that Illuminated was not bald before he came to us. He had a significant amount of existing hair. It is quite different trying to see the improvements throughout when a patient has a healthy amount of hair compared to someone that was actually bald.

When one is bald it is easier to see growth because once where there was no hair there now IS hair. When there is native hair this hair makes it more difficult to see improvements. Even when one is bald and they see the initial growth I routinely get questions about the additional improvements around the five and seven month mark. Once the hair has started to grow even on bald patients the new hair hides the growth and improvements of hairs that came in after the "first wave".

In both cases I compare this phenomenon with the cliche' about seeing the trees in the forest. It is easy to see the forest but not the younger trees sprouting throughout because the older bigger trees hide them until they too get taller and stronger. It is rather difficult to describe but the newer hairs continuing to thicken and grow isn't apparent for a longer time but eventually the cumulative effect takes over and the result will be more obvious with time. I went through this during my 2nd procedure at five months because I was no longer seeing improvements but at the nine month mark I suddenly realized that I had a lot more hair.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians