Has anyone seen new growth past month 5 post-op?

I know that most clinics say that new growth should occur between 3 and 5 months post-op.

Has anyone experienced any significant new growth beyond month 5?

If you get to month 5, is the growth you see, pretty much all you should expect to have?

I know hair may continue to thicken and grow longer past month five, but what about continued new grafts sprouting out?

You should see lots more growth post 5 months. I had huge growth spurts especially between mos. 8-9. It really does take a full year to see final results and your hair will continue to take on normal characteristics up until 18 months....

Spex posted a Dr. Feller patient which shows the difference in growth and it's very reassuring for folks in your time frame....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hi there. I had the same issue and i am now 5.5 months. Definitely there is some growth but still way beyond acceptance level. I emailed to my clinic and they informed that not all HT hair grow out at the same time. Some grow out faster and some slower. I was quite worried that by 4 or 5mths, HT hair WILL have to start growing, hence i was relieved to know that it isnt the case!

Happy growing mate and hopefully we all can reach our end destination sooner than expected

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Hi Steelworker,

Understandably, this can be a very exciting yet somewhat trying time for you. Once the follicles are transplanted, most will go into a resting phase and new hairs will being to grow 2-4 months postop. You will see some new hair in the first 3-6 months and your hair will begin to look fuller - by 12 months most of the transplanted hair will have sprouted and you may see some continued growth for up to 18 months postop.

What you are seeing now is likely just the beginning. You can expect to see more hairs growing within the next few months. Hope you keep us all updated with your progress.

Happy Growing!!

Louise

Lead Hair Transplant Technician for Dr. Cam Simmons at the Seager Medical Group

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians