Confuse over Hair Transplant OR Stemcell Treatment

Hello all forum members

Being new to this wonderful site and its ever helping members, I need some help from you guys at your earliest.

Let me briefly introduce my self first. I fall under NW-VI category in age 23, makes me low on confidence and little bit awkward in social gathering and parties with friends due to my baldness. Further I stopped going to parties and other hobbies center all because of my hair loss.

Now after so much research and much positive reviews on HT in INDIA , when i was about to go for it ,my father read an article in newspaper about stem cell therapy for hair loss by the name " QR 678" which was developed by some Hyderabad couple. After reading that article I did some research on net and now here I am standing with confusion.

"Whether to go for stem cell treatment not specifically to QR678 or Hair Transplant is the best option "????

I even talked to one budding doctor in my relation , according to him , stem cell therapy is cheaper then transplant and may or may not have as good results as to what can be get from Hair Transplant but one has to take option and its effect as in near future stem cells treatment will be the best option available for most of the treatments.

Now my question are as follows:

1) How much does it cost for an individual like me ( NW-VI) category to cover the whole area in steam cell treatment and in HT( FUSE + FUT) and time duration?

2) Now If suppose stem cell therapy like QR678 doesn't work well , is it possible to have Hair Transplant afterwards knowing the procedure that in stem cell treatment you will be injected by needles at your bald area with some chemical or injected solution ( sorry don't know the exact word) for hair growth and in Hair-Transplant you will be injected or transplanted by grafts at same area... so wouldn't that hinder??????? a big reason for coming and asking here

Hope to get the reply soon.

Edited by ad

Thanks for coming up indipune.. yea soon i'll be with you on call but the problem here is that i know very little about this stem cell therapy. looking for some one who can guide me , though i'll be in touch with you only when i get some info on this issue... if u have any further info regarding the same. please put your comments over here for the intial .. thanks again man for turning up .

Its quite shocking to see my post edited ... but understanding about the doctor i mentioned , may i request forum admin and members to focus on the issue stated in the subject above .

Also please help me in finding out the BEST doctor in INDIA for hair transplant ,

Dr. Madhu? Dr. Khanna? Dr. Bhisen Mahadevia? , Dr. Manoj Khanna? Dr. Kalia? etc. would be better if i see a rating of them .

ad,

If you are looking for a quality physician in India, I strongly suggest considering Dr. Madhu who has been prescreened by this community and approved for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network.

There are a number of clinics out there claiming that stem cell treatments and other hair multiplication procedures are already available however, be very wary. The majority of these claims have not been substantiated as hair multiplication still needs a lot more research before it will be readily available for patients.

Best wishes,

Bill

Ad,

I also highly recommend Dr. Madhu for hair transplantation in India. Additionally, I wanted to invite you to read an article regarding QR 678 from our hair loss Q & A blog. The piece touches on some of the positive aspects of the treatment, some of the unknown or not yet understood variables, and the pros and cons of undergoing the procedure at this time. Feel free to read it - QR 678: The Newest Competitor in the Race for an Injectable Hair Loss Solution.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks my dear friend Bill and Futurdoc for getting into it and suggesting Dr. Mardhu as one of the best Doc available in India . Also in the review of QR678- a stem cell treatment.

Even i too believe and understand these new bio technology getting fast in the treatment and are the full proof shot in eliminating ailments or disease in near future. I will be getting in touch with few surgeons as well stem cell treatment providers with the help of my friend in medical.

I need favor from you guys, some of the questions from your mind which would help me in asking and getting the best of the knowldge in both( HT as well stemcell treatment) also I'll be sharing here what ever i discuss after having an appointment with them for your further feedback.

Also, please let me know about Dr. Rakesh Sood in HT in India as i got a call from his clinic as well as from him too regarding HT ...

Thanks a ton in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
09545082331 hey tis is my number our problem is same hope we to gather can help each other pls msg or call me

Hi, Can i also call u, I have booked an appointment for meeting dr. debroj shome this month and wud like to discuss with you about the details.

Hi Doc,

I also read about qr 678 in an indian news paper and i am quiet interested about knowing more about QR 678. Can u tell me about any side about this medicine and also can you let me know if i can undergo a HT if QR 678 does not give me good results.

Rgds / Venu

I would NOT undergo something like this until it was fully tested (side effects, how long it lasted, etc). A NW6 at 23? I really feel for you. I have a good friend that started losing his hair right after high school and ended up there before he got out of college. When did your loss start?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hello all forum members

Being new to this wonderful site and its ever helping members, I need some help from you guys at your earliest.

Let me briefly introduce my self first. I fall under NW-VI category in age 23, makes me low on confidence and little bit awkward in social gathering and parties with friends due to my baldness. Further I stopped going to parties and other hobbies center all because of my hair loss.

I really don't know what to say since I understand how much torment you must be in.

But one thing is that build on your physique. Start gymming, lead a healthy life (no parties, late nights, alcohol & smoking) & pick up stuff like dancing etc.

And shave your head, if you can. Or trim it close, with a stubble on your face/chin.

A good physique and a shaved, close cropped head may make you stand out at first, but if you can pull it off, it'd be great.

The great thing is you are 23. At that age, you can move mountains and you are, provided you keep a good perspective, literally do anything. :-)

While these cant compensate entirely, they will do wonders for your self confidence as I have observed in a couple of friends & that itself makes a huge difference.

I'd follow the same steps meself, except for an accident a couple of years back that makes strenuous physical exercise dangerous for me but am still exploring alternatives to get back in physical shape.

Edited by Akash

• 1 year later...

Hey all,

I recently heard about the stem cell therapy which would have come long back ago..

I am sure many of us would have tried it.

I would like to know how are the results and is there any side effects?

Please do advise, if yes then i can go for Hair Transplantation.

Thanks in advance friends,

Arun

• 1 year later...

If stem cell therapy comes to fruition, it no doubt will be administered outside of the US. The more conservative congressional party still appears to be opposed to it and I do not see the current administration putting any legislative attention or research funding into it. It's simply not a priority to those legislators who can advance it into real clinical application.

IMHO, HM is a different bird, and may be more viable in the immediate future. Who knows for sure. :rolleyes:

At least there is far more research taking place than ever before and hopefully, not that far out.

Currently, quality surgical restoration is still the most viable way to achieve the goal of visual coverage IMHO.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

If stem cell therapy comes to fruition, it no doubt will be administered outside of the US. The more conservative congressional party still appears to be opposed to it and I do not see the current administration putting any legislative attention or research funding into it. It's simply not a priority to those legislators who can advance it into real clinical application.

IMHO, HM is a different bird, and may be more viable in the immediate future. Who knows for sure. :rolleyes:

At least there is far more research taking place than ever before and hopefully, not that far out.

Currently, quality surgical restoration is still the most viable way to achieve the goal of visual coverage IMHO.

I believe what you are referring to is embryonic stem cells which are very controversial, however stem cell research in terms of hair loss is centered around adult epithelial stem cells which have nothing to do with embryos.

• 1 year later...
I would NOT undergo something like this until it was fully tested (side effects, how long it lasted, etc). A NW6 at 23? I really feel for you. I have a good friend that started losing his hair right after high school and ended up there before he got out of college. When did your loss start?

same here..

Watch this to have some fun :)

Funniest Hair Transplant Commercial

• 6 months later...

Hi. Regarding Dr Rakesh Sood. I had my 1st hair transplant by this so called doctor. I admit i didnt do my research and just wanted a quick fix in india. I thought its a simple procedure like planting seeds and if youre a hair transplant surgeon you must be good at it.

Dr Rakesh Sood has a single small 1st floor office New Delhi.

His clinic name is The Hair Transplant Clinic.

Advantages:-

Arranges pick up from your hotel

Disadvantages/ Complaints regarding Dr Rakesh Sood:-

-Does not even ask or discuss new potential hairline options. On bandage removal postop i had a curved hairline with that notch in the middle. Not what i had before but obviously Dr Rakesh Sood thought by his own accord that would be a nice look for me. i hated it. Looked like Dracula.

-New hairline too low and unnatural

-Said he transplanted 3200 by FUE. 2years on i am still norwood V but with a new unnatural dracula hairline with persistent unchanged patchiness behind. More like 700 grafts as per 2 other drs opinions

-Asked for more money at end of procedure that initially agreed

-No postop instructions

-No follow up planned

-DID NOT EVEN REPLY TO NUMEROUS EMAILS SENT TO HIM SHOWING FAILURE OF HIS PROCEDURE. WHAT KIND OF SO CALLED DOCTOR DOES THIS

DR RAKESH SOOD COMPLAINTS

DR RAKESH SOOD BAD HAIR TRANSPLANT

DR RAKESH SOOD FAILURE

AVOID DR RAKESH SOOD IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR LOOKS

WTC,

Thanks for sharing your story with us. That's takes a lot of courage to share your unfortunate experience. Are you willing to put up a few photos so we can see what you are referring to regarding your hairline? It's difficult to see the work without photos and you can always cover up your face if you wish to avoid recognition.

It is possible to have some of the grafts removed in the future to make a more aesthetically pleasing hairline and those grafts can potentially be relocated to soften the appearance. Obviously you would be doing much more extensive research beforehand.

Hope things work out for you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY