1st Post--Looking for advice

Hello everyone,

I finally signed up as a member of this web page after frequenting it over the past 6 months or so. I am 26 and starting to notice significant thinning of my hair. It is a growing concern to me as I am getting married in a year and a half and as of right now i do not feel comfortable even going out without a hat on, let alone take a million wedding photos. I have done a bunch of searches on doctors in my area as well as a little outside my area and it seems I keep coming up with two doctors. Dr True/Dorin or Dr. Feller. I live just outside of Boston and the two Dr.'s that are in Boston do not seem to get the best rep, so that is why I think I've narrowed it down to these two. Im just looking for a little input as to the process, what I should be looking for, and general advice...Is there any other Dr.'s I should take a look at??? Is it better to have one mega session or multiple smaller procedures??? I know there is a million questions to ask so if you all could help with the answers to the basics I'd appreciate it greatly

thanks

First thing first is to get on finasteride asap if you are not on it. Feller and True have really good results. You should probably start by posting pics also. I don't think you could go wrong with either one of those docs.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Have you told your fiance that you want to do this? The only reason I ask this, is that I had a hard time telling mine after we got married.

Aside from that I've always been a big fan of True and Dorin's hairlines and scars.

Edited by Sparky

If you start Finasteride now your hair might thicken up by the time of your wedding. It's really the best course of action whether you get a hair transplant or not. Considering the timeframe, you don't really have the space to get a second procedure, and one is enough in most cases.

Has your hairline receded or are you just thinning? If you're only thinning then concealers could do a world of good in improving how you look in the wedding photos. I can understand wanting to look your best on that day, and I'm sure your fianc?e can relate to that if she needs any persuading.

You've narrowed down to a couple of great surgeons. My advice: don't hold back, consult with both. They will need to see photos, obviously, but you could also get some good advice if you post them here.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Take a deep breath. Pick up the phone and call both docs. That is often the hardest step.Keep in mind that it takes between 12 and 18 months to see the full results of your transplant, so IF you do decide to do this, you will want to do it sooner rather than later. If you aren't on meds, you should consider getting on them. Also experiment with dermmatch and toppik. These concealers will help give you a fuller look while you are waiting for your transplant results to fully develop, and may even persuade you to push your transplant out to a future date. Finally, at 26,, I would personally prefer to do a smaller session and keep enough donor hair for future sessions.

Good luck! People on this forum are great and will guide through every step of your journey!

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel