Brando's pics (Dr Cooley 8-5-04 Procedure)

Brando

I am one day post op from 1200 grafts on the hairline. I really wanted to close the temples and lower the hairline just a bit. The donor pic shows that you can't even tell where the scar/stitches are.

949107534_E69841AAB64FA0C6C7D69507957022AA.JPG.thumb 849107534_17EA692906B2AF21594EB2DF54217570.JPG.thumb 749107534_2C2CC7E61F622E10462CD1D1201ABA14.JPG.thumb 359107534_C042393FAEF3DA7952A2DE9057968701.JPG.thumb 259107534_312231D5F2C1DE1AD305A65847083965.JPG.thumb 159107534_7FAFD20647193645AD7055269537490D.JPG.thumb

I am one day post op from 1200 grafts on the hairline. I really wanted to close the temples and lower the hairline just a bit. The donor pic shows that you can't even tell where the scar/stitches are.

949107534_E69841AAB64FA0C6C7D69507957022AA.JPG.thumb 849107534_17EA692906B2AF21594EB2DF54217570.JPG.thumb 749107534_2C2CC7E61F622E10462CD1D1201ABA14.JPG.thumb 359107534_C042393FAEF3DA7952A2DE9057968701.JPG.thumb 259107534_312231D5F2C1DE1AD305A65847083965.JPG.thumb 159107534_7FAFD20647193645AD7055269537490D.JPG.thumb

Thanks so much HBT. I feel really good. I am pleasantly suprised at the way I feel. The only thing that is a little annoying is the slight tight feeling in the donor area. I'm scared to touch the grafts at all because I want to keep all those babies! And when I bathe I'm extra careful when I pour the water to not let it directly stream on the recipient area.

Hey guys, I'm at 3 days post op right now, absolutely no swelling, and just a slight tight feeling in the donor area w/ a little itching. My doctor told me I should apply rogaine on the recipient area 3 days after surgery (today) for a month to get the grafts to grow in quicker. Any comments on this? I don't want to use Rogaine forever and he is ok with that, he said to just use the one bottle he gave me on the graphs and i can discontinue it.

Brando, absolutely use Rogaine!!

It's to help the grafts grow. I would recommend using it for 3 months, instead of just 1.

During the first 3 months is the healing and growing period. So, in my opinion, you should be using it during that time, once a day.

Ok, I have a 1 mL dropper... I pulled my hair back away from the grafts and put half on one side and half on the other...i just let it soak there. Am I doing this right or should i pat it in?

Brando, 5% in my oppinion is best. You could do away with it after a month, but I would recommend using it for 3.

You can use the generic stuff if you don't want to pay the high price of "Rogaine".

A lot of pharmacies like, Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aide carry their own generic brands. Just shop around if your are going to continue use.

Brando,

I don't want to contradict your doc or HBT but ALL studies show that using Rogaine (whether for 1 month, 3 months, 1 year or more) and then discontinuing it does more bad than good. Looking at your pics, you really don't need it. Just take MSM to speed up the growth. Why take the risk?

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

I will first say that it looks like a very good job so far. Without any disrespect I believe that doing temple work like this on such a young person could be a bit of a risk. What happens when your temple naturally start to move back? This happened to alot of people even with very thick hair as they get older. Are you going to fill in the space between the transplanted hair and the natural hair. I said this before and I will say it again NO DOCTOR can predict what a person hairloss will be at age 20.

Of course I wish you the best and hope this will never happen. Very good job so far!!!!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

hairworthy, I don't see how using Rogaine for 3 months could have any long term negetive effect. Using it for years, then I could see an imune built to it.

Could you point to the study, I've never read it. I am curious to see what the reasoning behind the findings are.

Thanks

Brando,

Your hairline pre HT looks like mine...plenty of recession up front.

I'm pulling the trigger this year, looking to fill it in and square it off SOME (I'm 37 and figure that my hair will continue its slow progression, so I don't want to set the line too low)...please keep us posted. And where's your Dr?? Looks really good.

Thanks BaldingHateIt, I'm so far VERY pleased with my HT. I know it's way too early to say that, but No Swelling, Hardly NO redness, and No pain...it's awesome. My doctor is Dr Cooley in Charlotte, NC. He's absolutely wonderful.

Hairworthy: I will look into buying some of the MSM you are talking about...anything to speed it up!

Lorenzo: Thanks for the compliment! I'm hoping HM will be here soon so I will try to wait it out on another HT...but if I begin to thin...Dr Cooley offers FUE as well...I'll probably look into that.

This pic is 4 days post op.

100_0031.JPG.06e3bc28a406bf4be7ed56038b73029e.JPG

Brando,

Man, I was starting to think I was some kind of great healer (of myself, not others) until you had your procedure done and I see that it must be the physician, not the patient, that is responsible for our lack of trauma in the recipient area! I'm happy to see everything is doing ok. I need to go ahead and post some pictures myself, as I have been extremely slack on that. It is funny that even though I am on the forum every day, I get caught up in every one else's pictures and posts so much that I neglect my own! Apologies all around, I'll get right on it!

-Robert

(Please know that this post is tongue-in-cheek; of COURSE it was the physicians handi-work that was responsible!)

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hey guys,

It's been a week now and I don't have any scabs left. The redness is pretty much completely gone. I only have about 50% of the transplanted hair left now. Is it normal to lose it that quickly?

Brando,

I stopped using Rogaine after 1 month as per Dr. Cooley, but also because the Rogaine irritated my scalp too much and it was hard for me to remove all of the residual to keep my grafts clean. Most of my transplanted hairs fell out between 5-6 weeks post op. At 9 weeks now I am seeing plenty of regrowth. Transplanted hairs that did not fall out have been growing.