Growth Time- Slow Growth

What is the longest it could take for a hair transplant to grow in?

I had 3000 grafts about 12 months ago and have had little to no growth.

I think since I have had multiple procedures and scar revisions my growth may be delayed to scar tissue. plus my doctor said I was a "Slow Grower"

But I am starting to wonder if this hair is going to grow in or was there a systematic failure.

PLEASE HELP!

sasha,

You need to contact your doctor and show him your results and have a discussion. At 12 mos., you should have plenty of growth with 3,000 grafts. Something appears to be wrong. If you went with a surgeon recommended by this site, you and he/she should be able to assess and come to some agreement about what went wrong, why, and what the next step should be (i.e. another procedure offered by the Dr. at a great discount, etc.).

obviously multiple sugerys effects the parameters when compared to a scalp that has had no prior surgery but that said many patients have multiple surgerys such as bill (Bill) joetronic (H&W) etc etc and whilst growth times vary and new hair shafts dont fully mature until 18months..... i would still say the the majority of hairs should be present and noticably so at 12months!!!!!!!! so i think you should have a seriouse conversation with your dr before you let any more time slip away etc.........:D

Yeah my doctor says to wait another 6 months which would be 18 months. It's just that after 12 months I expected a lot more growth especially in the hair line area.

But I dont see any growth and this doctor has all of the certifications and a great staff. So I am just soo frustrated that they keep telling me to wait.

Is it possible for hair to only begin to start growing after 12 months?

I've read that some people dont experience any growth until 14-18 months with full maturity at 24 months. If that's the case I dont mind waiting, but if it's not going to grow I'd rather start planning for another procedure already.

PLEASE ADVISE

I agree with the comments above. Also, the fact that you had FUT with a noted physician, you should see some growth by this point - go see him again and keep us posted. Good luck my friend, hope he treats you fairly.

Sasha,

I was hoping a Dr. would pipe in and give you some feedback and I see that Dr. Lindsey did so in your other post. Can it take longer than 12 months for hair to grow if you had multiple procedures? I suppose it probably can. But like others have said, at 12 mos., you should see at least 80% of your growth and at least have a good idea of where you're heading with continued thickening. At this point, it sounds like that is definitely not the case with you, which sucks. If at all possible, I'd head back to your physician in person and discuss with him or her your situation. I seriously doubt that in the next 6 mos., you're going to experience an explosion of growth. Really sorry about your situation as I know what we all go through. Hang in there and do the follow up and gather information so you can make an informed next step.

sasha, you're fucked. sorry dude, but there's no way you're going to see a sudden burst after 12 months of little to no growth. I hope you do work this out with your doc to your satisfaction. coming on this board is definitely a smart thing. if he is recommended by this site, he'll certainly want to keep you happy. I don't think waiting another 6 months will hurt, but at the same time it's most likely a waste of time. I think you deserve to start talking w/ your doc about a back-up plan.