Gabel Hair Restoration Center

vskp

Hi folks!

I got on to the forum to write my recent experiences at the Gabel Hair Restoration Center in Hillsboro, OR.

I am an Internist working in WA state. I am currently 32 years old, and have been losing hair with receding hair line over the past 13 years (currently Norwood IIA). After contemplating several hair loss prevention/treatment options, I decided on getting my hairline restored about 4-5 months ago. Being an obsessive physician myself, I did extensive research for 2-3 months on hair transplant surgeons in the Northwest based in Seattle, Tacoma, and Portland metro areas. I finally chose to have the all important procedure done by Dr. Gabel, a decision I am extremely satisfied with 18 days after my surgery.

To start with, I was impressed not just with the technical expertise of Dr. Gabel, but also with his caring attitude as a healthcare provider. He never seemed to be in any rush during our five meetings so far that included a free initial consulatation, the surgery, and three post-operative follow-up meetings. He gave me ample scope in letting him know my expectations, was very thorough in finalizing my desired hairline with numerous sketches and photographs, and was immaculate in his methodology and procedural skills. Dr. Gabel's staff team members were competent in their skills, and were very personable every minute I spent with them. The pricing was reasonable for the service, when compared to the other hair restoration centers I studied, and all in all, I am fully pleased with the care I got from Dr. Gabel and his team. With my post-operative period going as expected without any complications, I look forward to enjoying the fruits of the procedure in 9-12 months from now!

Vskp.

Vskp,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Dr. Gabel. He is an excellent hair transplant surgeon, and I'm glad to hear everything went well. Congratulations on the procedure, and keep us updated on future progress!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone!

It has been precisely 16 weeks since I had my hair restoration surgery performed by Dr. Gabel (Hillsboro, OR), and I am posting this message to share my experiences.

I have noticed new hairs sprouting from the new hair line!! Although the sprouting hairs were not preceded by the "pimple like" bumps, which I was expecting, I am just glad I am noticing the intended results of the procedure.

I started using Rogaine foam precisely 12 weeks ago. Being at a Norwood II-A level when I had my surgery done close to 4 monhts ago, I am 'not sure' if I have noticed a tremendous change in the hair density over my crown area, although I 'feel' the hair to be thicker.

All in all, I feel the next few months to be promising with respect to growth of new hairs from the transplanted site :)

Cheers!

Vskp.

Vskp,

Thank you for keeping us updated! It's great to hear that you're starting to see some new growth. If you're interested, I think posting some images on a hair loss weblog or your social profile would really allow the community to see how you're progressing. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Fists off Congrats on your selection!

*sitting in the same boat as you on this journey*

As far as Dr. Gabel and his team go, I can only describe them as down to earth rockstars. haha the man behind the surgical mask(DR. Gabel) is a lovable perfectionist. A funny guy, with precision.

hahaha since we’re all human....I'm just going to assume that everybody is nervous at the first consult / operation of any procedure.......... but the warmth and skill of this team really made this a settling experience.

At the moment, I’m eyeballing the post op checklist at the 2 week mark, haha yeah..your ahead of me. Anyway, I guess the only advice I can give you is:

1. Keep the grafts clean and moist until the crusting is gone

2. Try not to obsess in the mirror in the first month or two. It will look friggn awesome in the coming month(s)

Hey, just saying congrats! Happy healing!

vskp,

Congratulations! I hope you will follow Blake's advice and present your photos. I look forward to following your progress.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 3 weeks later...

Vskp was in the clinic two weeks ago and asked that we post his photographs for the community. Vskp certainly has had significant growth in just less than 4 months and we are looking forward to following his progress over the next year.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ziggy: we were all amazed at how much growth he had in such a short time.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Looking good!

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 4 weeks later...