HT help and advice in PA/NY/NJ?

I've been slowly losing my hair and my hairline has been receding since my early 20s. My Father and Grandfather were both Norwood class 7s and I know that I'm am headed for the same fate. I've looked into HT over the years but never have been ready, but now I have finally decided to do it. I obviously would want what everyone wants, to have a decent head of hair, that looks completely normal and natural and not have anyone know that I had a procedure done. I live close to NYC and NJ, so I've been researching, Dr. True and Dorin and Dr. Feller, but have not met with anyone yet. Just wondering if there is anyone that could be recommended in Eastern PA area as well. I assume that because I have some hair on my head now, that I will probably have to have multiple procedures, being that the hair I have now will keep falling out as I get older, so I'm worried about that as well, because I don't want to have a HT and then have to have another after the rest of my hair falls out and then not have enough in the donor area to cover it, and also I don't want to have a funny hairline because I didn't think of the future hair loss. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, I'm just really nervous about it and don't want to make a mistake. Thanks

I live in NYC and work in Long Island. I met/spoke with Feller, True/Dorin, Rahal and SMG. IMO, SMG stands apart from the rest, and I'm travelling to Minnesota to get it done. obviously, I would have preferred to have my work done locally, but I just felt SMG was the best option. again, don't let location be an issue.

As others will tell you, distance should not be an issue. I personally went to Dr. Rahal whom I think has the overall package. Different surgeons excel at different things but I think Rahal puts it all together as good as anyone. Very ethical as well and a very well run clinic.

The docs you mention in NY are also good from what I have heard so you really cant go wrong there. I would lean toward True and Dorin in NY or Bernstein. Bernstein is pretty conservative and it sounds like in your case, a conservative, good long term plan will be very important to you.

Good Luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I live close to NYC and NJ, so I've been researching, Dr. True and Dorin and Dr. Feller,

If you're in the NYC area, I STRONGLY recommend consulting with Dr. Robert Bernstein in midtown Manhattan. Even if you don't end up having the procedure with him, you'll want to hear what he has to say. Trust me. Good Luck.

The good news is that you're looking at some of the best docs in the business. I chose Dr. Feller for my procedures and have been very happy with the work he's done. Before getting any work done make sure you do your homework, which should include seeing some HTs in person, and make sure you have realistic expectations. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Recommended hair transplant surgeons in:

1. New York

2. New Jersey

I hope this helps! Please feel free to ask any additional questions and keep researching!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.