Are There Doctors Better Than Dr. Rahal?

taurusrisen

I'm thinking about going to Dr. Rahal VERY soon to get my hair transplant surgery done. Based on what I've seen, I think he's the best. But, based on your experiences with other doctors, do you think there's a doctor who's better than him in creating packed, densed hair?

Dr. Rahal is a very good doctor and if you decide to go with him you made a great choice. The doctor mentioned by J1 are also very good doctors.

Only thing I will say is that H&W use High def pictures and photos therefore in most situation that I have seen a person looked better in person.

A dense pack is a decision that not only the patient but the doctor also decides whether a huge dense pack is benifical to the patient. Its all based on donor, age, hairloss and other factors.

Good luck on decision!!!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

i checked hasson and wong and i was not impressed by their work at all.

You may be the first person to come on this forum and say this! But I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion. At any rate, Rahal is an excellent choice...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Dr. Rahal is a very good doctor and if you decide to go with him you made a great choice. The doctor mentioned by J1 are also very good doctors.

Only thing I will say is that H&W use High def pictures and photos therefore in most situation that I have seen a person looked better in person.

A dense pack is a decision that not only the patient but the doctor also decides whether a huge dense pack is benifical to the patient. Its all based on donor, age, hairloss and other factors.

Good luck on decision!!!

Hi, loranzo. Yeah, I compared h&w to rahal. And I got to say that rahal seems like he leaves the scalp more densely packed. I got to believe what my eyes tell me. the only gripe I got with rahal is his price. Hes asking for $7,000. Thats pretty damn expensive. and thats not including hotel and other expenses.

Taurusrisen,

As you are well aware, Dr. Rahal is a fantastic hair transplant surgeon. He's also a member of our elite Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Surgeons and highly respected on this community and in the hair transplant community as a whole. As far as being the 'best,' I think, after a certain level of excellence, personal preference plays a big part. All the physicians recommended on our site are excellent, and I think it's a tough call to place one above another. Regardless, I'm pleased to hear you've selected such an esteemed surgeon and wish you the best of luck with the procedure. Keep us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

The best surgeon is very subjective.

It all depends on where you're at now, where you want to be, and how bad it will get in the future.

I chose Dr hasson because he has proven results all of the net. In my opinion he uses a long term approach, not just "now". Just do your research and choose the doctor you feel is the best match for you.

and 7k is pretty low for a transplant. I'm guess you don't need too many grafts. Quick questions though, how old are you and do you have any pics to share?

Hi, loranzo. Yeah, I compared h&w to rahal. And I got to say that rahal seems like he leaves the scalp more densely packed. I got to believe what my eyes tell me. the only gripe I got with rahal is his price. Hes asking for $7,000. Thats pretty damn expensive. and thats not including hotel and other expenses.

All of the above mentioned doctors are performing transplant surgery to the highest standards, and who is 'best' is subjective to each patient's individual needs. Dr Rahal certainly excels as hairline work and density, but doesn't tie himself to any one particular approach to a hair transplant.

We feel that the prices are competitive, and there are discounts for those travelling from out of town. Also, it is possible to save money on short notice/cancellation dates. You can contact us for more information on that if you want.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

No offense intended, but if you don't think H&W dense pack and that $7k is too expensive for an HT, you definitely need to do a lot more homework before going under the knife. I suggest you post some pics, get some advice, see some transplants in person, consult with a few more docs, etc. before committing to anything.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

No offense intended, but if you don't think H&W dense pack and that $7k is too expensive for an HT, you definitely need to do a lot more homework before going under the knife. I suggest you post some pics, get some advice, see some transplants in person, consult with a few more docs, etc. before committing to anything.

I compared H&W to Rahal. My sister and 3 friends compared them also. And we ALL agree... rahal provides more densly packed work than H&W. Like I said, all 5 of us agree. And not only that, but rahal fills the forehead and temple area unlike h&w who only fills the top. If you dont agree with this assessment, then I dont know what else to say.

I hope your not one of those hair transplant patients who got work done by h&w and now feel bad that you didnt get work done from rahal. Dont get offended, its just a thought.

The best surgeon is very subjective.

It all depends on where you're at now, where you want to be, and how bad it will get in the future.

I chose Dr hasson because he has proven results all of the net. In my opinion he uses a long term approach, not just "now". Just do your research and choose the doctor you feel is the best match for you.

and 7k is pretty low for a transplant. I'm guess you don't need too many grafts. Quick questions though, how old are you and do you have any pics to share?

Hi, YouOnlyLiveOnce... just to add comment to what you said, but, dont all hair translpant surgery involve long term approaches?

I'm 41 and I prefer not to post any pics at this time. Thanks.

you can alwasy blur out the face. At 41, if you have minimal loss then you might be a good candiate for lowering your hairline and dense packing assuming you have good coverage elsewhere.

you only have so much hair back there to move up front. if you use too much if it up front then recede way back, you might have a nice packed frontal hairline with barely any coverage behind. at 41 depending on how you look right now, that might not be a concern to you

Edited by YouOnlyLiveOnce

when drs get so good its hard to seperate them, and some times the result obtained is again a very subjective veiw..... inregards to hasson not doing one thing or the other i would have to disagree i have seen variouse work from him and for the huge amount of results posted by patients i would have to say almost every one is a success no doubt he has bad results to as all drs do..... but i have yet to see many!!!!

also looking at pictures posted by patients like on the patient websites on this forums help to get a real sense of the totall out come!!!! im not saying the drs websites are photo shopped but lets face it results posted by patients are as true as you can get!!!!!!

rahal is doing great work and in reference to hair lines i do understand what the author is talking about sometimes dr hassons lines are a little thin??!!!

i agree and i feel its because dr hasson uses alot more number of 1 hair grafts than any other drs ive seen ....

obviously 1 hair grafts are essential for creating a soft hair line but there is such a thing as to soft also......:D

for example if you look at garage lands and Bills pics before they had touch ups ie there last transplants etc.... you can clearly see in to and beyond the first hairs in the hair line by at least 1.5 2inches almost.... this is fine if this is the look your after........

i feel dr hasson and dr wong are amasing surgeons and industry leaders and there results are 2nd to none..... but i feel there greatest strength is megga session where a advanced balding man need the biggest impact in one hit, they excel them selves as the results are night and day due to the large amount of new hair growth..........

how ever the hair lines can be a little on the thin side so i would have to agree and if the author requires only hair line work then i guess hes justified in seeking another practice and surgeon!!!!!

and rahal does do great hair lines very thick and not see through at all except for the first intial hairs etc.....

any thoughts?

good luck;)

Nope never went to H&W, only Feller who fixed me up after some hack named Joseph Karamikian.

As someone already mentioned, seeing a HT in photos versus real life is a totally different animal, and if you have never seen one up close (I mean being able to really inspect it), then you need to do more than just compare a clinic's "glamour" shots before deciding one top doc does more dense packing over another. You should also be aware that everyone has different donor hair quality. This can make one patient transplanted at the same density appear denser than another.

The bottom line is, despite what you think the photos reveal, H&W pack just as densely as Rahal, and both do quality work. If you prefer one doc over another for hairline design reasons, closure methods, techniques, etc. that's fine. Again, the bigger concern is that you should really understand the full impact of a HT and what you're getting yourself into before having the surgery.

Edited by hairthere