4792 Follicular Unit HT with Dr Hasson - 13 May 2010

illuminated

Thanks for updating the forum with your 4 month progress, things will be starting to happen now for you, as we had surgery on the same day I have been noticing new hairs appear in my hairline too over the last month or so, grow well and please keep us all updated.

I replied to your propecia question in the other post.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

illuminated,

Still very early in the game. Hang in there. You've got lots of growth to come!

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

ALL,

An update.

I took 1/5th Proscar daily for 3 months but noticed quite a few negative effects including some ED such as: much lower libido, loss of erection strength, no 'morning wood', greatly decreased ejaculate volume.

Coming off 1/5th Proscar for just over a month has so far reduced the negative effects but not eliminated them so far.

In the past 2 weeks I am experiencing a MASSIVE SHED.

Today I tried massaging my scalp with some olive hair oil and you can see from the pictures attached how much hair has shed. Previously I tried some coconut oil and a similar amount shed then too!

021120101468.jpg

Post wash (semi dry) pics:

021120101472.jpg

021120101474.jpg

021120101475.jpg

Dry pic:

021120101477.jpg

That does not look right...you need to see a doc I think....

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This could be a natural progression of hairloss. I don't know if you are still using rogaine or not but how is it working for you. These hairs might have been ready to fall out but maybe proscar held them at bay for the three months usage.

Hi

I am continuing to use Minoxidil 5% once per night. Due to the adverse ED effects of 1/5th Finasteride, I have discontinued that for 6 weeks thus far.

It could just be continued hair loss but I have never in my life experienced it to be coming away in my hands just like this - so much so that the next day I can visibly see my scalp due to the extra loss.

personaly i wouldnt be putting oil on yer head....

i went so bald after i had a huge shed of finest i looked bald but it grew back thicker...

if you stop start etc etc with finest hairs react to hormonal changes stress and growth phases can be reduced

its also very very likely that since you started finest for 9 months then stopped 3 months before HT its the hairs that finest was keeping alive that have now dopped out dead....

as stopping finest will result in the resurgence of MPB and balding as it is no longer keeping hairs growing...

Edited by j1j9j85